SCADgoods has arrived and stolen our hearts. Are you ready to get your hands on a sporty tech-hoodie or classy collared-hoodie? Or how about an edgy leather quilted backpack? Here’s your chance! For the next three weeks SCAD will host a contest to win one fantastic design of SCADgoods each Friday on either Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. For more info and how to participate follow the directions below.
Rules of Contest:
Follow SCAD on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Look for the contest post on designated platform for the applicable day and follow the call to action within the post.
Contestant may only do the call to action once which is equal to one entry within the contest.
Winner will be randomly chosen.
SCAD will announce the winner on the same platform of contest within three hours of the call for submissions.
Once the winner is announced, the winner will need to email SCAD’s social team at email@example.com with their size and address in order to received their prize.
If the winner does not email SCAD’s social team within 1 week of announcement then a new winner will be declared and the prior will be disqualified.
Important dates to remember:
2/19/2016 Twitter contest post
2/26/2016 Instagram contest post
3/4/2016 Facebook contest post
SCAD® Goods Contest
NO PURCHASE OF ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE IS REQUIRED TO ENTER OR PARTICIPATE IN THIS CONTEST. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST IS FREE. PURCHASE OF THE SPONSOR’S PRODUCTS OR SERVICES WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SPONSOR: The Savannah College of Art and Design, Inc., 342 Bull Street, Savannah, Georgia 31402 (the “Sponsor”).*
2. ELIGIBILITY: The SCAD® Goods Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia who are thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of entry. The Contest is void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Employees, officers, directors, board members and agents of the Sponsor and its affiliates, and the immediate families (parents, siblings, children and spouse) and persons living in the same household (whether related or not) of such persons are not eligible to enter the Contest or win a Prize (as defined below).
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning and receiving any Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
4. HOW TO ENTER: The Contest begins at 11:00:01 a.m. Savannah, Georgia time (“ST”) on Friday, February 19, 2016 and ends at 4:59:59 p.m. ST on Friday, March 4, 2016 (the “Contest Period”), according to the Sponsor’s time clock.
To enter, entrants must comply with the following entry requirements (“Entry Requirements”): entrants must (A) on February 19, 2016 follow SCAD’s Twitter handle @scaddotedu (http://twitter.com/scaddotedu) watch for the Contest tweet and retweet to enter to win the SCAD Goods tech hoodie (if you do not have a Twitter account, you will need to create one, and it is free to do so); (B) on February 26, 2016 follow SCAD’s Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Savannah-College-of-Art-and-Design/106189806079331) watch for the Contest post and comment on the Contest post to enter to win the SCAD Goods backpack (if you do not have a Facebook account, you will need to create one, and it is free to do so); or (C) on March 4, 2016 set your Instagram account profile to public and follow SCAD @scaddotedu (http://instagram.com/scaddotedu) and make a post with the hashtag #SCADgoods and mention username @scaddotedu to enter to win the SCAD Goods collared hoodie (if you do not have an Instagram account, you will need to create one, and it is free to do so). Entrants who comply with the Entry Requirements, the Guidelines and Restrictions (as defined below) and the other terms and conditions of these Official Rules will receive one (1) entry into the Contest per social media platform (“Entry”). Compliance with the Entry Requirements will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Only one (1) Entry per person, per Twitter, Facebook and Instagram account is allowed. Multiple Entries from the same person on each individual social media platform will be disqualified at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries that violate, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, these Entry Requirements and the Guidelines and Restrictions or do not meet the submission deadlines will be disqualified.
If entering via a mobile phone or other web-enabled device and using your wireless carrier’s network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply. Entrants are responsible for any data and messaging rates that might apply. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with, Twitter, Facebook and/or Instagram.
By entering, you represent and warrant the following with respect to your Entry: (a) you are the sole and exclusive owner of the Entry and the contents and elements thereof; (b) the Entry is your own creation and is one hundred percent (100%) original; and (c) the Entry will not infringe on any rights of any third parties. By submitting your Entry, you also represent, warrant and agree that your Entry conforms to the Guidelines and Content Restrictions set forth below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may deem you or your Entry ineligible and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes that your Entry fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. By entering the Contest, each entrant grants to the Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, copy, modify, publish, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, translate, adapt, edit (including for length), display and otherwise exploit such Entry in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes without additional compensation, notification, permission or approval. If requested, each entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for the Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Entry.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the entrant who has submitted any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the applicable social media platform account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
By entering, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements. The Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility of all entrants. Incomplete Entries, and Entries submitted by entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. The Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Entries, for technical failures of any kind, or any human error which may occur in the receipt or processing of Entries. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify the scheduling of the Contest without prior notification.
5. GUIDELINES AND CONTENT RESTRICTIONS:
(a) The Entry must be an original work of authorship by the entrant and the entrant must own all right, title and interest in and to the Entry;
(b) The entrant must have acquired permissions from individuals included in any Entry subject to the terms of these Official Rules;
(c) If any identifiable person appearing in the Entry is under the age of majority in his/her state of residence, the parent or legal guardian is required to provide permission;
(d) The Entry must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
(e) The Entry must not disparage the Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest;
(f) The Entry must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by the Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate in his/her Entry in the Contest;
(g) The Entry must not contain images, footage or artwork not created by entrant;
(h) The Entry must not contain material that is offensive, inappropriate, profane, lewd, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
(i) The Entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
(j) The Entry must not contain material that violates or is contrary to any applicable laws or regulations.
The Sponsor reserves the right to require proof of any permissions in a form acceptable to the Sponsor from any entrant at any time.
6. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: After the conclusion of each social media platform Contest day, Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential prize winner from among all of the eligible Entries received on such social media platform. All non-winning entries from each social media platform will not carry forward to another social media platform. There will be a total of three (3) prize winners selected during the entire Sweepstakes Period, one (1) from each social media platform.
The Sponsor reserves the right to extend the Contest Period, the right to select fewer than potential winners and the right to cancel the Contest and not award any prizes if, in its sole discretion, there are not a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries received during the Contest Period. The decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest.
The potential winners will be notified by SCAD on or around 5:00pm of the day of Entry on each social media platform, respectively, via the social media platform used to submit such Entry (the “Prize Notification”). Each potential winner must then follow the prize claim instructions provided in the Prize Notification or the prize will be forfeited in its entirety. The potential winner will be required to send an email to a representative of the Sponsor and may be required to submit a valid email address, mailing address, telephone number and/or other information. Except where prohibited, each potential winner (or such potential winner’s parent/legal guardian if a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release, in form and substance satisfactory to the Sponsor, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release or provide any other requested information within the required time period (as applicable), or does not comply with these Official Rules, such potential winner will be disqualified and forfeit the applicable prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the applicable prize may be awarded to an alternate winner selected from among all applicable eligible Entries. Only three (3) alternate winners may be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain unawarded. Each potential winner who complies with all of the foregoing requirements and ultimately receives a Prize is known as a “Winner”. The Winners may be announced by the Sponsor via Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Savannah-College-of-Art-and-Design/106189806079331), Twitter (@SCADdotedu) and Instagram (@scaddotedu).
a) The Winner who submitted the Entry via Twitter, as determined by random selection of SCAD in their sole discretion, will receive a SCAD Good tech hoodie (approximate retail value: $50) (the “Twitter Prize”).
b) The Winner who submitted the Entry via Facebook, as determined by random selection of SCAD in their sole discretion, will receive a SCAD Goods backpack (approximate retail value: $100) (the “Facebook Prize”).
c) The Winner who submitted the Entry via Instagram, as determined by random selection of SCAD in their sole discretion, will receive a SCAD Goods collared hoodie (approximate retail value: $50) (the “Instagram Prize,” and together with the Twitter Prize and Facebook Prize, each a “Prize” and collectively the “Prizes”).
The approximate retail value of all of the Prizes is $200.
8. PRIZE CONDITIONS: Selection and specifics of all Prizes will be determined at the Sponsor's sole discretion. All Prizes are subject to availability. Winners are not entitled to any surplus between the actual retail value of his/her Prize and its stated approximate retail value; and any difference between the stated approximate retail value and actual value of the Prize will not be awarded. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute cash value or another prize it believes is of equal or greater value. All prizes are non-transferable. All Prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Acceptance, participation in and/or use of the Prizes are at the Winners’ sole risk and the Sponsor is not responsible for damages whatsoever, including special, indirect, or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the use and/or misuse of any of the Prizes. The Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility of all Winners. If any Winner is unable to accept a Prize or any portion of a Prize for any reason, the Sponsor shall have no further obligation to such Winner.
9. TAXES AND COSTS RELATED TO THE PRIZES: All applicable taxes, tariffs and fees are the sole responsibility of the Winners. Each Winner may be issued a 1099 tax form for the approximate retail value of the applicable Prize.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating in the Contest and/or by accepting a Prize, participants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules, the decisions of the Sponsor and/or its designees and (b) agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and their respective affiliates, together with their respective employees, directors, board members, officers, licensees, licensors, shareholders, members, attorneys and agents including, without limitation, any person or entity associated with the production, judging or administration of the Contest (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any and all claims, demands, damages, losses, liabilities, costs or expenses caused by, arising out of, in connection with, or related to their participation in the Contest and/or their use or misuse of any Prize. By accepting a Prize, each Winner consents to the use of his/her name and/or likeness (voice, biographical information, city and state of residence, statements (including, but not limited to, any statements in any Submission), screen name/Instagram handle, photograph, and recordings) for advertising and promotional purposes (including, but not limited to, use on the Sponsor’s website without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law). The Sponsor reserves the right to make changes or additions to these Official Rules and/or extend the dates of the Contest for any reason at any time. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. FREE TO ENTER CONTEST: The Contest is free to enter and designed to increase consumer awareness of and interest in the Sponsor. The Contest may not be used for any form of gambling. In the event that the Contest is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority, the Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue or modify the Contest, or to disqualify entrants residing in the affected geographic areas. In such event, the Released Parties shall have no liability to any entrants who are disqualified due to such an action.
12. RELEASE. All decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding; and entrants agree to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules, except where prohibited by law. By accepting a Prize, each Winner agrees to release the Released Parties from any and all liability, loss or damage arising from or in connection with awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of any Prize. The Sponsor reserves the right to use the Contest for publicity purposes in any media and to use the name, screen name/handle/username, likeness, and hometown name and/or Prize information of selected entrants as part of that publicity, without any compensation or prior review unless prohibited by law. This Contest is void outside the US and where prohibited or restricted by law, and subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or violating these Official Rules. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (a) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible Submissions or communications, regardless of the method of transmission; (b) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, network, server, internet service provider, satellite, cable, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (c) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of Submission or other materials; (d) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the Prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a Prize, or from participation in the Contest; or (e) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest should any unauthorized intervention or other cause beyond the Sponsor’s control corrupt the administration, security or judging of the Contest. The Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a Prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines such entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest in any way by cheating, deception, or any other unfair playing practice that annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants or representatives of the Sponsor.
14. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE CHALLENGE MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
15. DISPUTES: Each entrant agrees that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any Prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court in Savannah, Georgia; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages (other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses) and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Georgia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Georgia or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of Georgia.
WINNER’S LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: For a list of Winners or a copy of the Official Rules, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Savannah College of Art and Design, SCAD® Goods Contest Winner's List/Official Rules, 342 Bull Street, Savannah, Georgia, 31402, to be received no later than the date that is 60 days after the end of the Contest Period. Winners’ lists will be sent once all Winners have been verified and Prizes have been awarded. The Official Rules can also be located on Sponsor’s blog at http://www.scad.edu/blog.
© 2016 The Savannah College of Art and Design, Inc. All rights reserved
*SCAD to confirm address.