SCAD Savannah needs a Snapchat Geofilter and we want the talented YOU to design it! Follow the directions below to submit an incredible design full of SCAD spirit. The winner will not only have bragging rights to creating the FIRST ever official SCAD Snapchat Geofilter, but will also receive a feature on our blog! We can’t wait to see what you will create.
Directions on how to submit:
Follow scaddotedu on Snapchat.
Watch SCAD’s snap story.
Snap back a geofilter design doodle by 12 p.m. Saturday, December 12.
Set the time to 10 seconds.
Must be following scaddotedu on Snapchat throughout entire contest period
Must be able to professionally recreate the initially designed sketch in Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop
Must create an original and innovative design
If not able to do the above an automatic disqualification will occur.
Friday, December 11 at 12 p.m. submit your sketched designs to SCAD via Snapchat by Saturday, December 12 at 12 p.m.
Monday, December 14 top 3 designs will be announced on SCAD’s Twitter and Instagram (@scaddotedu) as well as directly snapped at from scaddotedu.
Voting for the favorite design out of the top 3 begins Monday, December 14 at 12 p.m. hosted on the blog until Friday, December 18 at 12 p.m.
Friday, December 18 the winner will be announced by 5 pm on SCAD’s Twitter (@SCADdotedu) and Instagram (@scaddotedu) as well as directly snapped at from scaddotedu.
Monday, December 28 the winner will present the official Snapchat-ready-design to SCAD by email.
Friday, January 8 the featured blog post about the winner will be published.
Call OFFICIAL RULES
SCAD Savannah Geofilter Snapchat Contest
NO PURCHASE OF ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE IS REQUIRED TO ENTER OR PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST. PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST IS FREE. PURCHASE OF THE SPONSOR’S PRODUCTS OR SERVICES WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SPONSOR: The Savannah College of Art and Design, Inc., 342 Bull Street, Savannah, Georgia, 31402 (the “Sponsor” or “SCAD”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The SCAD Savannah Geofilter Snapchat Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia who are fifteen (15) years of age or older at the time of entry. The Contest is void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Employees, officers, directors, board members and agents of the Sponsor and its affiliates, and the immediate families (parents, siblings, children and spouse) and persons living in the same household (whether related or not) of such persons are not eligible to enter the Contest or win a prize.
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Contest constitutes each entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning the Contest and receiving any prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
4. HOW TO ENTER: The Contest begins at 12:00:01 p.m. Savannah, Georgia time (“ST”) on December 11, 2015 and ends at 11:59:59 a.m. ST on December 12, 2015 (the “Contest Period”), according to the Sponsor’s time clock. During the Contest Period, you can enter the Contest on your web-enabled mobile device by adding SCAD on Snapchat with the username scaddotedu and viewing the story posted by SCAD that includes instructions for entering the Contest. Then, you must snap back to such story a design doodle for a SCAD Savannah Snapchat geofilter template (each such design doodle, an “Entry”). Entries must be received during the Contest Period to be eligible. Only one Entry per eligible entrant is allowed during the Contest Period. Entries will not be acknowledged. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and Entries that subvert the entry process are void. When using your mobile device, note that data fees may apply. See your wireless provider for pricing plan details.
A Snapchat account is required for entry. You may download the Snapchat app for free at snapchat.com. Snapchat is not affiliated with the Contest in any way and is not responsible for the administration of the Contest, determining the winner or awarding any prize. No endorsement or approval of the Contest by Snapchat is expressed or implied.
To be eligible to win the Contest, each entrant must be able to recreate their Entry into a Snapchat geofilter (the “Deliverable”) using the photo editing program of their choice. The Deliverable must be in .png format, have a width of 1080 pixels and a height of 1920 pixels and be under 300KB. The Deliverable must also meet Snapchat’s Geofilter Submission Guidelines and must appear identical to the Entry as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. As used herein, the term “Submission” means, with respect to any entrant, such entrant’s Entry and, if applicable, Deliverable, individually and collectively.
By entering, you represent and warrant the following with respect to your Submission: (a) you are the sole and exclusive owner of the Submission and the contents and elements thereof; (b) the Submission is your own creation and is one hundred percent (100%) original; and (c) the Submission will not infringe on any rights of any third parties. By submitting your Submission, you also represent, warrant and agree that your Submission conforms to the Guidelines and Content Restrictions set forth below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may deem you or your Submission ineligible and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
By entering the Contest, each entrant grants to the Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, copy, modify, publish, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, translate, adapt, edit (including for length), display and otherwise exploit such Submission in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes without additional compensation, notification, permission or approval. If requested, each entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for the Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the entrant who has submitted any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Snapchat account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
By entering, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements. The Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility of all entrants. Incomplete Submissions, and Submissions submitted by entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. The Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions, for technical failures of any kind, or any human error which may occur in the receipt or processing of Submissions. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify the scheduling of the Contest without prior notification.
5. GUIDELINES AND CONTENT RESTRICTIONS:
(a) The Submission must be an original work of authorship by the entrant and the entrant must own all right, title and interest in and to the Submission;
(b) The entrant must have acquired permissions from individuals included in any Submission subject to the terms of these Terms and Conditions;
(c) If any identifiable person appearing in the Submission is under the age of majority in his/her state of residence, the parent or legal guardian is required to provide permission;
(d) The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
(e) The Submission must not disparage the Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest;
(f) The Submission must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by the Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate in his/her Submission in the Contest;
(g) The Submission must not contain images, footage or artwork not created by entrant;
(h) The Submission must not contain material that is offensive, inappropriate, profane, lewd, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
(i) The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
(j) The Submission must not contain material that violates or is contrary to any applicable laws or regulations.
The Sponsor reserves the right to require proof of any permissions in a form acceptable to the Sponsor from any entrant at any time.
6. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: After the conclusion of the Contest Period, a panel of qualified judges determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion will select three finalists from among all of the eligible Entries, based upon application of the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
a) Creativity (34%)
b) Originality (33%);
c) Relevance to the theme of the Contest (33%)
The three entrants who submitted the Entries with the highest scores based on this criteria, as determined by the judges in their sole discretion, will be deemed the finalists. In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Entry received the highest score for “Creativity,” as determined by the judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed a finalist. The Sponsor reserves the right to extend the Contest Period, the right to select fewer than three (3) finalists and the right to cancel the Contest and not award any prizes if, in its sole discretion, there are not a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries received during the Contest Period. The decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest.
The finalists will be announced by the Sponsor via Twitter (@SCADdotedu) and Instagram (@scaddotedu). In addition, the Sponsor will notify each finalist on Snapchat via direct snap from scaddotedu. The finalists’ Entries will be judged by members of the public during a voting period commencing on December 14, 2015 at 12:00:01 p.m. ST and ending on December 18, 2015 at 11:59:59 a.m. ST (the “Voting Period”). The Voting Period may be extended and/or delayed in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The public will judge the finalists’ Entries using the same Judging Criteria as set forth above by visiting the Sponsor’s blog site www.scad.edu/blog. Each voter will be limited to a total of one vote per day during the Voting Period. The application of the Judging Criteria shall be in the sole and absolute discretion of the judges and the online voters. The total number of online votes submitted for each finalist Entry will be calculated by the Sponsor. The one (1) Entry with the most online votes will be determined to be the winning Entry, and the entrant who submitted such Entry shall be the potential winner. In the event of a tie, the Contest judges in their sole and absolute discretion will determine the potential winner. Finalists are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means. False or deceptive acts or votes, or votes generated by script, macro or other automated means will be void. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to nullify all votes obtained via such means and to disqualify finalists responsible for such means from further voting or participation in the Contest.
On or about 5:00 p.m. ST on the last day of the Voting Period, the potential winner will be notified through direct snap on Snapchat. The Sponsor (scaddotedu) will send a direct snap to the Snapchat username of the potential winner (the “Winner Notification”). The potential winner must then follow the instructions provided in the Winner Notification or the prize will be forfeited in its entirety. [The potential winner must be a follower of scaddotedu to receive the Winner Notification. / A mutual following between the Sponsor and the potential winner on Snapchat is required to facilitate notification.] The potential winner will be required to send an email to a representative of the Sponsor for instructions on how to create and submit the Deliverable and may be required to submit a valid email address, mailing address, telephone number and/or other information. Except where prohibited, each potential winner (or such potential winner’s parent/legal guardian if a minor in his/her state of residence) must sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release, which must be in form and substance satisfactory to the Sponsor and received by the Sponsor via email within 24 hours of the time that the Sponsor sends the Winner Notification to such potential winner.
Upon following the instructions provided in the Winner Notification and signing and returning the affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release, the potential winner must follow the Sponsor’s instructions to recreate the Entry into the Deliverable using the photo editing program of the potential winner’s choice. The potential winner must submit to the Sponsor via email no later than no later than December 28, 2015 (the “Submission Deadline”) the Deliverable, which Deliverable must meet all requirements of and comply in all respects with these Official Rules.
If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release or provide any other requested information within the required time period (as applicable), fails to submit the Deliverable in accordance with these Official Rules on or before the Submission Deadline or does not comply with these Official Rules, such potential winner will be disqualified and forfeit the prize. In addition, if the Sponsor in its sole discretion determines that the Deliverable does not comply with these Official Rules or does not sufficiently recreate the winning Entry, the Sponsor will disqualify the potential winner and the potential winner will forfeit the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the Sponsor may, but shall not be required to, select an alternate potential winner from among the remaining finalists based upon the next most online votes. Only two (2) alternate potential winners may be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain unawarded. The potential winner who complies with all of the foregoing requirements will be the “Winner”. The Winner will be announced by the Sponsor via Twitter (@SCADdotedu) and Instagram (@scaddotedu).
The Winner’s Deliverable will be submitted to Snapchat and, upon Snapchat’s approval, will be used on Snapchat as the geofilter for SCAD’s Savannah campus for a period of at least 90 days, following which period SCAD may remove and/or change the geofilter in its sole discretion. In addition, on or about January 8, 2016, SCAD will feature a blog post about the Winner on its blog, www.scad.edu/blog; provided that the Winner cooperates with SCAD and provides all information requested by SCAD for such blog post.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating in the Contest and/or by accepting a prize, participants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules, the decisions of the Sponsor and/or its designees and (b) agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Snapchat and their respective affiliates, together with their respective employees, directors, officers, board members, licensees, licensors, shareholders, members, attorneys and agents including, without limitation, any person or entity associated with the production, judging or administration of the Contest (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any and all claims, demands, damages, losses, liabilities, costs or expenses caused by, arising out of, in connection with, or related to their participation in the Contest and/or their use or misuse of any prize. By accepting a prize, the Winner consents to the use of his/her name and/or likeness (voice, biographical information, city and state of residence, statements (including, but not limited to, any statements in any Submission), Snapchat username, photograph, and recordings) for advertising and promotional purposes (including, but not limited to, use on the Sponsor’s web site without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law). The Sponsor reserves the right to make changes or additions to these Official Rules and/or extend the dates of the Contest for any reason at any time. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
The Contest is a skill contest designed to increase consumer awareness of and interest in SCAD. The Contest may not be used for any form of gambling. In the event that the Contest is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority, the Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue or modify the Contest, or to disqualify entrants residing in the affected geographic areas. In such event, the Released Parties shall have no liability to any entrants who are disqualified due to such an action.
9. RELEASE. All decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding; and entrants agree to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules, except where prohibited by law. By accepting a prize, each Winner agrees to release the Released Parties from any and all liability, loss or damage arising from or in connection with awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of any prize. The Sponsor reserves the right to use the Contest for publicity purposes in any media and to use the name, screen name/handle/username, likeness, and hometown name and/or prize information of selected entrants as part of that publicity, without any compensation or prior review unless prohibited by law. The Contest is void outside the US and where prohibited or restricted by law, and subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or violating these Official Rules. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (a) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible Submissions or communications, regardless of the method of transmission; (b) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, network, server, internet service provider, website, satellite, cable, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (c) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of Submission or other materials; (d) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by a prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Contest; or (e) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest should any unauthorized intervention or other cause beyond the Sponsor’s control corrupt the administration, security or judging of the Contest. The Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines such entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest in any way by cheating, deception, or any other unfair playing practice that annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants or representatives of the Sponsor.
11. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. DISPUTES: Each entrant agrees that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court in Savannah, Georgia; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages (other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses) and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Georgia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Georgia or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of Georgia.
13. WINNER’S LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: For the name of the Winner or a copy of the Official Rules, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Savannah College of Art and Design, SCAD Savannah Geofilter Snapchat Contest Winner's List/Official Rules, 342 Bull Street, Savannah, Georgia, 31402, to be received no later than the date that is 60 days after the end of the Contest Period. The name of the Winner will be sent once the Winner has been verified and prizes have been awarded.
© 2015 The Savannah College of Art and Design, Inc. All rights reserved.