Student Employment FAQ

How do I apply for student employment?
Eligible, enrolled students can apply for employment by visiting the Student Employment channel via MySCAD as follows:

  • Log in to MySCAD.
  • Select the My Info tab.
  • Go to the Student Employment channel.
  • Determine eligibility.

When do I apply?
Students should apply at the beginning of the quarter or break period for which they'd like to work.

What are the eligibility requirements?
The criteria for eligibility to apply for student employment are as follows:

  • You must be a degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate student at SCAD.
  • You must have satisfactory academic standing and meet satisfactory academic progress*.
  • You must have at least a 2.0 GPA as an undergraduate student and a 3.0 GPA as a graduate student.
  • Your enrolled credit hours must be considered at least half time.** Undergraduate students must be enrolled for at least 10 credit hours per quarter and graduate students must be enrolled for a minimum of 5 credit hours.

*If this is your first quarter of attendance at SCAD, you are not required to meet the academic standing and GPA requirements.

**Students paid from federal funds must have remaining unmet need as determined by the FAFSA and other aid.

***If this is your last quarter prior to graduation, and you meet the academic standing, satisfactory academic progress and GPA requirements, but are enrolled in less than the required number of credit hours, you may still be eligible.

What do I do once I've determined my eligibility?
If you are eligible for student employment, you may view the open positions and begin contacting hiring supervisors. If you are hired, you will receive an email from student employment with further instructions on completing the new hire process.

Where do I find a list of open positions?
Available student employment positions are listed in MySCAD in the Student Employment channel.

How many hours can I work?
Each student is allowed to work a maximum of 20 hours per week.

How many jobs can I have?
There is no limit on the number of jobs students can have; however, each student cannot work more than 20 hours per week.

What is the hourly pay rate?
Student workers are typically paid Federal minimum wage ($7.25).

How often do student workers get paid?
Student workers receive payment once every two weeks. Please refer to the biweekly payroll calendar located in the forms channel via MySCAD for specific dates.

How does student employment affect my financial aid?
Student employment is not listed on your award letter and has no direct impact on your financial aid or student account. Students paid from federal funds must have remaining unmet need as determined by the FAFSA and other aid.

Am I required to keep the same job the entire quarter?
No, students are permitted to change jobs any time during the school year.

Are international students permitted to work even though they may not have a Social Security number?
Yes, international students are allowed to work without a Social Security number; however, international students must apply for their Social Security number and return the receipt to student employment in Bradley Hall before starting work in Savannah, or at the Student Success Center in Atlanta.

If I worked last quarter, do I still need to obtain an eligibility and verification form for this quarter?
No, students are not required to resubmit forms quarterly unless they are changing or adding a position. Students' supervisors will notify student workers if they are no longer eligible to work.

Once I start working, how do I submit my time sheets each pay period?
Students report time worked in MySCAD using an online tool, Web time entry. The supervisor must approve the electronic timesheet prior to payroll processing.