Financial aid

Federal Work Study

The Federal Work-Study Program at SCAD provides part-time on-campus and off-campus job opportunities for degree-seeking students. This federally funded program is designed to provide jobs that complement and reinforce a student’s educational program and career goals. You must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) before SCAD can determine your FWS eligibility. A FAFSA can be submitted by U.S. citizens and eligible non-citizens.

Money earned through FWS can be used to help pay for any educational expenses such as fees, tuition, housing, books, supplies, etc. It’s important to remember that you are responsible for determining where the money is allocated: earnings are not automatically applied to tuition or fees, rather you will receive a biweekly payroll disbursement.