Official transcripts from each college or university attended

Unofficial and official transcripts

Transfer applicants may receive a preliminary offer of admission based upon unofficial transcripts/mark sheets from all postsecondary institutions attended. If an offer of admission is made, official transcripts/mark sheets from each college/university attended should be received prior to Aug. 1 for fall enrollment. Transcript evaluations for the award of transfer credit may not be completed without receipt of official transcripts. All transcripts/mark sheets must be in English or accompanied by a certified English translation. The office of admission must receive all official transcripts prior to the first day of class. Failure to comply with this requirement may prohibit the student from attending classes for that quarter.

SCAD reserves the right to verify all documents submitted in an application for admission. Offers of admission are contingent upon receipt of official documentation and SCAD reserves the right to revoke any offer of admission should discrepancies be found. Any falsification of admission documents, portfolio or audition materials constitutes grounds for termination of application procedures or dismissal from SCAD.

Submitting a high school diploma and standardized test scores

If the number of college or university credits earned is insufficient for evaluating performance, the applicant also may be required to submit a diploma from a United States high school* and SAT or ACT** scores. (To have these scores sent directly to SCAD, applicants should use SAT code 5631 or ACT code 0855 on the test forms. SAT or ACT scores are not required of international applicants or of applicants who have been out of high school for at least two years.)

* Non-U.S. students, please refer to the international admission requirements for details. For U.S. students, a certificate of General Educational Development from the American Council of Education is considered equivalent to a diploma from a U.S. high school. For student applicants from countries other than the United States, SCAD generally uses the standards established by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers to determine the equivalent academic achievement. For home-schooled applicants, an academic portfolio is also acceptable and may include, but is not limited to, the following:

  • Verification that the home school has been recognized by the state of residence of the applicant.
  • Detailed outline of the home-school curriculum, including subject areas studied, time spent on each discipline, and, if applicable, grades awarded. A home-school transcript may fulfill this requirement.
  • Writing sample that is academic in nature, but not necessarily a graded assignment or one used for coursework.
  • Résumé of classes taken outside the home. If classes have been taken at a college or university, official transcripts are required.

**Students who have SAT math scores lower than 560, have ACT math scores lower than 24, or are otherwise unable to demonstrate an aptitude for the study of mathematics and science must complete MATH 101 in order to pursue the professional Master of Architecture degree. The credit hours earned in MATH 101 may be applied as an undergraduate general education elective toward the 270 credit hours required for the Master of Architecture degree.