This is your time — experience it all
Cutting-edge resources. Connected faculty. Celebrated guests and world-renowned events. As an urban design student at SCAD, you can capitalize on every opportunity to get the most out of your student experience.
Study within a celebrated city plan
Savannah has one of the most renowned city plans in the world, the perfect venue to study urban design. At the heart of the School of Building Arts is the 66,000-square-foot Eichberg Hall. Here, you’ll have access to a materials research room, state-of-the-art equipment for constructing scale models, and much more.
Premium tools always at your fingertips:
- PC- and projector-equipped classrooms
- Adobe Creative Cloud (always up-to-date and free for download)
- Esri City Engine Advanced
- Model shop with the tools and space needed to create physical scale models
- Hybrid graphics lab equipped with Macs and PCs for CAD, 3-D modeling and research
- Materials room packed with volumes of information and building design and construction samples
Join forces with the luminaries of design as we celebrate SCADstyle each year. Through lectures, conversations and workshops with visual leaders and designers, students draw inspiration and form lasting connections with industry powerhouses.
Discover more SCAD events on our calendar
Make your SCAD experience even more unforgettable
We encourage students to take a quarter abroad at one of our international locations as a means of gaining cultural perspective, adding a worldly dimension to their résumés, and drawing inspiration from the sights, sounds and characters of an entirely new setting.
View our locations
Take the first step to becoming an urban design professional
We'll tell you everything you need to know about landing your dream job in urban design. Just request more information from SCAD, and let us do the rest.