B.F.A. in painting
Foundation studies: 35 hours
- DRAW 100 Drawing I: Form and Space
- DRAW 101 Drawing II: Composition and Media
- DRAW 200 Life Drawing I
- DSGN 100 Design I: Elements and Organization
- DSGN 101 Color: Theory and Application
- DSGN 102 Design II: 3-D Form in Space
- — Studio elective
General education: 60 hours
- ARTH 100 Survey of Western Art I
- ARTH 110 Survey of Western Art II
- ARTH 207 20th-century Art
- BUSI 101 The Design of Business
- CMPA 100 Survey of Computer Art Applications*
- CMPA 110 Advanced Survey of Computer Art Applications*
- COMM 105 Speaking of Ideas
- ENGL 123 Composition
- PHIL 301 Aesthetics†
- — ARLH or ARTH elective†
- — ENGL elective
- — General education elective‡
- — Mathematics/natural sciences elective‡
- — Social/behavioral sciences elective‡
Major curriculum: 75 hours
- CLC 580 Collaboration§
- PNTG 203 Oil-based Techniques and Exploration
- PNTG 206 Water-based Techniques and Exploration
- PNTG 302 Concept and Strategies: Developing Ideas
- PNTG 309 Abstraction: The Language of Paint
- PNTG 345 From Wall to Space: Extended Media
- PNTG 382 Painting the Scene: Visual Narrative and Mythmaking#
- PNTG 384 Street Art: Responding to Place#
- PNTG 386 Human Image: Capturing Identity and Essence#
- PNTG 470 Painting Senior Studio I: Concept to Audience
- PNTG 490 Painting Senior Studio II: Refining a Cohesive Body of Work
- SFIN 220 Art of Tomorrow
- SFIN 330 Digital Tools for Fine Arts
- SFIN 413 Business and Professional Practices for Fine Arts
- SFIN 415 Branding and Entrepreneurship for Fine Arts
- SFIN 492 Exhibition Design as Practice¶
- SFIN 494 Collaboration and Production in Creative Industries¶
- — PNTG or SFIN elective§
- — PNTG or SFIN elective
Additional electives: 10 hours
- — Free elective
- — Free elective
Total course of study: 180 hours
* Choose one of these two courses.
† Choose one course.
‡ Consult the general education and mathematics competency requirements.
§ Choose one course.
# Choose one of these three courses.
¶ Choose one of these two courses.
Consult your faculty adviser in selecting elective courses.
Course numbers and titles are subject to change.