Surroundings that inspire
As a SCAD student, you will study in facilities specifically built for the critical research and imaginative creation of interior spaces. These learning environments will help you build a strong foundation in problem solving, aesthetic collaboration and entrepreneurial thinking. From studio classrooms to material resource rooms — you'll have everything you need to express your artistic visions.
Premium tools always at your fingertips:
- Model shop with the tools and space needed to create physical scale models
- Onsrud CNC router 8'x4'
- Two laser cutters, USL x-12000 4'X2' and USL x-660 32"x18"
- Hybrid graphics lab equipped with Macs and PCs for CAD, 3-D modeling, and research
- Adobe Creative Cloud (always up-to-date and free for download)
- Saw stop table saw
- 6 HP LaserJet 9040n B&W laser printers
- 1 Kyocera color multifunction laser printer
- 7 Epson Expression 11000XL flatbed scanners
- 4 HP DesignJet 44” wide-format color plotters
- 1 HP DesignJet HD wide-format color roll scanner
Join forces with the luminaries of design as we celebrate SCADstyle each year. Through lectures, conversations and workshops with visual leaders and designers, students draw inspiration and form lasting connections with industry powerhouses.
Discover more SCAD events on our calendar
Make your SCAD experience even more unforgettable
We encourage students to take a quarter abroad at one of our international locations as a means of gaining cultural perspective, adding a worldly dimension to their résumés, and drawing inspiration from the sights, sounds and characters of an entirely new setting.
View our locations
Take the first step to becoming an interior designer
We'll tell you everything you need to know about landing your dream job in interior design. Just request more information from SCAD, and let us do the rest.