A model environment
SCAD locations around the world are brimming with inspiration. Our facilities provide the opportunity to experiment with traditional and digital media techniques, as our classrooms and labs are equipped with the latest equipment and technology. Your artwork will reach new heights as you enjoy full access to the best tools available.
Premium resources always at your fingertips:
- Cintiq displays with Mac computers and drafting tables
- Adobe Creative Cloud (always up-to-date and free for download)
- Large studio classrooms that can accommodate projects of any size
- Printmaking and silk screening studio
- Large-format scanners and laser printers
- Lightboxes and artographs
- Expansive live model drawing room
- Computer labs with Mac minis
- Cutting tables, Epson printers, lightboxes and Artograph projectors
- Reference library
- Graduate homework studio with drawing tables and computers with Cintiq displays
- Undergraduate computer homework lab
As a SCAD student, you will have the opportunity to work one-on-one with visiting professionals and alumni who have made their names as expert illustrators. Capitalize on their insights as you review your portfolio together, talk about foreseeable changes in the industry, and discuss the critical skills needed to find success in your career.
SCAD emphasizes collaboration between departments and even with international brands, like Newell Rubbermaid, that seek to benefit from our students’ diverse creativity. These opportunities offer you the chance to broaden your artistic perspective and gain valuable experience working on real-world projects.
See the results of our collaboration with Newell Rubbermaid
Sidewalk Arts Festival
An annual tradition nearly as old as the university itself, the Sidewalk Arts Festival offers students, alumni and others an opportunity to create temporary chalk masterpieces on the famed walkways of Savannah’s iconic Forsyth Park.
View more events on our calendar
Make your SCAD experience even more unforgettable
We encourage students to take a quarter abroad at one of our international locations as a means of gaining cultural perspective, adding a worldly dimension to their résumés, and drawing inspiration from the sights, sounds and characters of an entirely new setting.
View our locations
We've only scratched the surface
Request more information from The University for Creative Careers, and we'll send you everything you need to know to begin a career in illustration.