- Career + Alumni
- Life at SCAD
- About SCAD
Historic preservation students learn in a prime example of why what they do is important. The Clarence Thomas Center for Historic Preservation is a rehabilitated 1908 Classical Revival style orphanage and convent for the Missionary Sisters of the Franciscan order. Today, the state-of-the-art center houses unparalleled facilities for preservationists.
Students use the screened resting porch as a place to study and chat with their peers.
The historic preservation analysis lab provides workspace and equipment necessary for preservation study and examination.
The Student Preservation Association and students from the historic preservation program can congregate in the communal area.
The facility houses a workshop dedicated to conserving, repairing and replicating historic artifacts.
An on-site computer lab means students don't have to leave the building to research or write.
The chapel, an intimate space for gatherings, is furnished and adorned with original pews and tin ceiling panels from nave to apse.