B.F.A. in film and television
Foundation studies: 35 hours
- DRAW 100 Drawing I: Form and Space
- DSGN 100 Design I: Elements and Organization
- DSGN 101 Color: Theory and Application
- DSGN 102 Design II: 3-D Form in Space
- DSGN 204 Design III: Time
- DSGN 208 Storyboarding Essentials
- — Studio elective
General education: 55 hours
- ARTH 100 Survey of Western Art I
- ARTH 110 Survey of Western Art II
- BUSI 210 Management in the Creative Environment
- CINE 205 Reading Films*
- CINE 275 History of Cinema*
- CMPA 100 Survey of Computer Art Applications†
- CMPA 110 Advanced Survey of Computer Art Applications†
- COMM 105 Speaking of Ideas
- ENGL 123 Composition
- ENGL 142 Foundations of Story
- — General education elective‡
- — Mathematics/natural sciences elective‡
- — Social/behavioral sciences elective‡
Major curriculum: 80 hours
- CLC 580 Collaboration§
- DWRI 106 Introduction to Screenwriting
- FILM 100 Digital Film Production: Story to Screen
- FILM 115 Preproduction: From Concept to Set
- FILM 232 Production: Lighting, Camera and Sound
- FILM 240 Postproduction: Cutting the Story
- FILM 250 Content, Platform and Distribution Revolution§
- FILM 265 Short Film Screenwriting#
- FILM 327 Multi-camera Production#
- FILM 328 Directing Actors#
- FILM 329 Shot Design#
- FILM 330 Editing Aesthetics#
- FILM 337 Visual Storytelling: Directing the Documentary¶
- FILM 339 Visual Storytelling: Producing Television¶
- FILM 341 Visual Storytelling: Directing the Narrative¶
- FILM 343 Visual Storytelling: Virtual Reality to Interactive¶
- FILM 424 Commercial and Branded Content Production**
- FILM 426 Production for Mobile and Social Platforms**
- FILM 428 Music Video Production**
- FILM 452 Preproduction Lab: Story and Development
- FILM 472 Production Lab: Producing and Directing††
- FILM 474 Production Lab: Picture and Sound Editing††
- FILM 476 Production Lab: Cinematography and Visual Design††
- FILM 492 Advanced Production: The Language of Cinematography§§
- FILM 494 Advanced Postproduction: Finishing and Distribution§§
- SNDS 101 Sound for Film and Television
- — FILM elective§
- — FILM elective
Additional electives: 10 hours
- — Free elective
- — Free elective
Total course of study: 180 hours
* Choose one of these two courses.
† Choose one of these two courses.
‡ Consult the general education and mathematics competency requirements.
§ Choose one of these three courses.
# Choose two of these five courses.
¶ Choose two of these four courses.
** Choose one of these three courses.
†† Choose one of these three courses.
§§ Choose one of these two courses.
Consult your faculty adviser in selecting elective courses.
Course numbers and titles are subject to change.