This is your time — experience it all
Cutting-edge resources. Connected faculty. Celebrated guests and world-renowned events. As a design for sustainability student at SCAD, you can capitalize on every opportunity to get the most out of your student experience.
A future-friendly space for design
Inside the 42,000-square-foot Gulfstream Center for Design in Savannah, not only will you will have room to explore organizational, technological and material innovation, but you will also gain hands-on experience collaborating with fellow design students from other disciplines.
Premium tools always at your fingertips:
- Computer labs with Cintiq pen displays
- Adobe Creative Cloud (always up-to-date and free for download)
- Rhino 3-D with Orca and Grasshopper modeling software
- SolidWorks solid modeling CAD software
- Keyshot 3-D rendering and animation software
- Rapid prototyping and printing lab
- Seven 3-D printers and two laser cutters
- 10,000-square-foot model shop with woodworking and metal fabrication studios
- Three-axis computer and large envelope five-axis CNC router
- Numerically controlled vertical milling machine
- Spray booth for painting models, welding facility and plastics-working area
Join forces with the luminaries of design as we celebrate SCADstyle each year. Through lectures, conversations and workshops with visual leaders and designers, students draw inspiration and form lasting connections with industry powerhouses.
Discover more SCAD events on our calendar
Make your SCAD experience even more unforgettable
We encourage students to take a quarter abroad at one of our international locations as a means of gaining cultural perspective, adding a worldly dimension to their résumés, and drawing inspiration from the sights, sounds and characters of an entirely new setting.
View our locations
Take the first step to becoming a sustainability expert
We'll tell you everything you need to know about landing your dream job in sustainable design. Just request more information from SCAD, and let us do the rest.