B.F.A. in advertising
Foundation studies: 35 hours
- DRAW 100 Drawing I: Form and Space
- DRAW 101 Drawing II: Composition and Media
- DRAW 200 Life Drawing I
- DRAW 206 Drawing for Storyboarding
- DSGN 100 Design I: Elements and Organization
- DSGN 101 Color: Theory and Application
- DSGN 102 Design II: 3-D Form in Space
General education: 55 hours
- ARTH 100 Survey of Western Art I
- ARTH 110 Survey of Western Art II
- ARTH 207 20th-century Art
- CMPA 100 Survey of Computer Art Applications*
- CMPA 110 Advanced Survey of Computer Art Applications*
- COMM 105 Speaking of Ideas
- ENGL 123 Composition
- — ARLH or ARTH elective
- — ENGL elective
- — General education elective†
- — Mathematics/natural sciences elective†
- — Social/behavioral sciences elective†
Major curriculum: 75 hours
- ADVE 130 Introduction to Advertising
- ADVE 150 Creative Concepting
- ADVE 201 Digital Production for Advertising
- ADVE 204 Advertising Copywriting
- ADVE 207 Fundamentals of Typography for Advertising
- ADVE 253 Web Advertising‡
- ADVE 304 Art Direction I: Traditional and Digital
- ADVE 321 Copywriting for Print and Digital Media§
- ADVE 323 Advertising Design and Typography§
- ADVE 334 Art Direction II: Integrated Campaigns
- ADVE 341 Branding
- ADVE 353 Interactive and Digital Media in Advertising
- ADVE 430 Advertising Self-promotion
- CLC 580 Collaboration#
- ITGM 267 Core Principles: Interactive Design
- ITGM 357 Applied Principles: Interactive Web Design‡
- MOME 130 Motion Media Design Techniques I
- — ADVE, GRDS, ITGM or MOME elective#
Additional electives: 15 hours
- — Free elective
- — Free elective
- — Studio elective
Total course of study: 180 hours
* Choose one of these two courses.
† Consult the general education and mathematics competency requirements.
‡ Choose one of these two courses.
§ Choose one of these two courses.
# Choose one course.
Consult your faculty adviser in selecting elective courses.
Course numbers and titles are subject to change.