Apply to Rising Star
|2015 application timeline|
|Sept. 1||Application available online|
US$250 (HK$1,940) program fee and all forms due
|June 1||Balance due|
|After May 15||Completed application packets reviewed on a space-available basis|
Invoices are sent at the time of acceptance; however, if acceptance is granted after payment due dates, fees are due upon acceptance.
Admission to Rising Star is highly selective and preference is granted to applicants with a grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale, a strong visual arts portfolio, and demonstration of maturity, leadership and responsibility.
- Completed online application
- US$40/HK$310 nonrefundable application fee
- Official high school/secondary school transcript
- Proof of English proficiency for those whose first language is not English
- Students applying must be a current high school junior.
SCAD may request supplemental materials if needed.
- Letter of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- List of achievements
- Official report of SAT or ACT scores for citizens or permanent residents of the United States (optional for Rising Star admission; required for freshman admission)
- If applicable, any other documents or materials required to obtain a student visa
Portfolios are evaluated on the following qualitative measures: aesthetic awareness, composition, drawing, design, color perception, spatial perception, quality of presentation, technique and originality. Strong 2-D and 3-D work that shows attention to technique, drawing, scale and original design are favorably considered.