Vocal performance minor
The minor in vocal performance provides strong theoretical and practical preparation for careers in performance and entertainment. The minor strengthens students’ skills through classwork, voice lessons and performance opportunities in musical theater, cabaret and exploration of a variety of vocal performance genres leading to the development of a diverse repertoire.
- MUSC 140 Music Theory
- MUST 220 Sight Singing
- MUST 260 Musical Theater Repertoire
- MUST 350 Vocal Genre Performance*
- MUST 411 Musical Scene Study*
- MUST 440 Auditioning for Careers in Vocal Music
Total course of study: 25 hours
* Choose one of these two courses.