Previsualization (or previs) is a tremendous growth area within the film, animation and visual effects industries. It is a collaborative process that generates preliminary versions of shots or sequences, using 3-D animation tools in a virtual environment. It enables filmmakers to visually explore creative ideas, plan technical solutions and communicate a shared vision for efficient production. SCAD students who minor in previs combine the cinematic knowledge of live action filmmaking with the digital asset creation of visual effects and animation to create digital 3-D story-reels.
- FILM 100 Introduction to Film and Video Production
- FILM 132 Lighting and Field Production Techniques
- PREV 330 Essentials of Previsualization
- PREV 360 Technical Previsualization
- PREV 390 Previsualization Final Project