Museum studies minor
The museum studies minor presents students with various aspects of museum management and curation. The curriculum covers a range of museums, from art collections and historic houses to open-air forts, aquariums and zoos. Classroom lectures allow students to gain insight into real-world practices, while visits to museums highlight education, the roles of governing or advisory boards, administration, conservation and other areas of specialization in the field.
- MUSM 301 Museum Administration
- MUSM 302 Museum Curation and Collection Management
- MUSM 303 Museum Education
- MUSM 479 Museum Internship
- — Directed elective*
Total course of study: 25 hours
* Choose one of the following: ARTH 347 Great Masters’ Materials and Techniques, ARTH 408 Museum Culture, ARTH 493 Visiting Scholar/Curator, HIPR 310 Material Culture, or PNTG 319 Painting Materials and Techniques.