Museum studies minor
The museum is the new city center. Today international cities, large and small, reinvent themselves with a focus on cultural identify. As laboratories for learning the museum maps our visual intersections for artistic, theological and scientific innovation. The museum studies minor develops project-oriented, hands-on, immersive classroom and on-site experiences for students of all majors while exploring the museum as the site of exchange between past, present and future.
- MUSM 301 Museum Administration
- MUSM 302 Museum Curation and Collection Management
- MUSM 303 Museum Education
- MUSM 479 Museum Internship
- — Directed elective*
Total course of study: 25 hours
* Choose one of the following: ARTH 347 Great Masters’ Materials and Techniques, ARTH 408 Museum Culture, ARTH 493 Visiting Scholar/Curator, HIPR 310 Material Culture, or PNTG 319 Painting Materials and Techniques.