Wu Wei (Alvin) Chen
- B.A., National Taiwan Academy of Art, 1995
- M.F.A., computer arts, Savannah College of Art and Design, 2001
- Ph.D., Communication University of China
Awards, recognition and honors
German Design Yearbook "Output" award, 14th Chinese Times Awards; "Heritage x Art x Design" - cultural studies and design exhibition; curator, new media design exhibition "Tricks"; curator, motion graphics exhibition "94 Playroom"
Alvin Chen is an educator and designer of motion graphics, as well as creator of new media work. His research interests focus on phenomenological aesthetics, digital performance and Chinese calligraphy. Chen has also worked in Taiwan, New York and Beijing as a non-linear editor, designer, animator and educator. He taught at Shih Chien University’s College of Design in Taiwan, in the Department of Animation at Communication University of China in Beijing and in the Department of Digital Media at the Hong Kong Design Institute. Chen’s recent publications include "Body Aesthetics in Digital Performance" and "China Animation Yearbook."
Publications and presentations
- "Art Aesthetics of Computer Graphics," Chinese Broadcast and Television Press, 2007
- "New Frontier of Digital Publishing in Creative Education," thesis of the 21st International Conference on Publishing Industry and Publishing Education in the Digital Age, 2006
- "Virtual Narcotics - Take 'Nark' as an example to rethink the power reduction of using non-medical drugs virtually in video games," superior thesis of the China International Animation Festival and Exposition, 2005