- B.F.A. New Mexico State University, 2002
- M.F.A., School of the Museum of Fine Arts Boston/Tufts University, 2005
"I believe that it is important for students to make a connection with art by encouraging them to make their efforts relevant to their lives and the world in which they live."Vanessa Platacis | Painting professor
Awards, recognition and honors
New England Art Award; The Best of Boston, The Boston Phoenix
College Art Association
Project director and artist, PIXNIT Productions, Boston, Massachusetts; adjunct professor, School of the Museum of Fine Arts Boston, Boston; artist in residence/art instructor, Alma De' Arte School, Las Cruces, New Mexico; owner and director, The Art Company and Gallery, Fort Collins, Colorado and Chicago, Illinois
Publications and presentations
- "Best of Art," Boston Home Magazine, 2009
- "In Pursuit of Beauty," Artscope Art Magazine, 2009
- "In Pursuit of Beauty at Montserrat College of Art," review, Berkshire Fine Arts Journal, 2008
- "Hello my Name is PIXNIT," review, The Boston Globe, 2008
- "Homeland Insecurity Ignites Adams ArtSpace," review, The Harvard Crimson, 2003
- 2011. Art First, Savannah College of Art and Design, Savannah, Georgia. Presentation: "Death by Misadventure"
- 2009. Institute of Contemporary Art, Boston, Massachusetts. Presentation: "Design as a Social Agent."