- B.A., English, University of West Florida
- M.A., English, film studies, University of Florida
- Ph.D., English, film studies, University of Florida
"I enjoy introducing students to the pleasures of cinema [and] the pleasures of stretching our mental and perceptual habits to accommodate unfamiliar cinematic modes. Great films from world cinema or from avant-garde traditions can lead us to unpredictable places."Tracy Cox-Stanton | Cinema studies professor
Awards, recognition and honors
- Chair of “Celebrity: Performances and Persona” panel at the Society for Cinema and Media Studies conference in Montreal, Canada, March 25, 2015.
- Two-time recipient of "Excellence in Teaching Award," University of Florida; SCAD Presidential Fellowship Award, summer 2007
Society for Cinema and Media Studies
Taught film history and analysis at The University of Florida for 5 years on a teaching fellowship while earning a Ph.D., then taught Critical Theory and Film Studies at Kalamazoo College in Michigan for 6 years before coming to SCAD
Publications and presentations
- "Consuming Distractions in Prix de Beauté ," camera obscura 50, vol. 17, no. 2, 2002, 40-67.
- "Frankenstein and its Cinematic Translations," in Critical Essays on Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley, ed. Mary Lowe-Evans (New York: G.K. Hall & Co., An Imprint of Simon & Schuster Macmillan, 1998) 214-229.
- "Diary of a Lost Spectator: Carving a Space for Female Desire in Patriarchal Cinema," Spectator [The University of Southern California Journal of Film and Television Criticism], special issue on "Eccentric Consumption," ed. Ellen Strain, vol. 16, no. 1, Fall/Winter 1995, 32-43.
- “Still Life with Telephone,” Visual Arts Research, Volume 40, No. 1, Summer 2014, pages 19-21.
- The Cine-Files, Issue 6 (Spring 2014): Special issue on film acting
- The Cine-Files, Issue 5 (Fall 2014): Open issue with coverage of Savannah Film Festival
- The Cine-Files, Issue 4 (Spring 2013): Special issue on mise-en-scène
- The Cine-Files, Issue 3 (Fall 2012): Open issue with coverage of Savannah Film Festival
- The Cine-Files, Issue 2 (Spring 2012): Special issue on The French New Wave
- Presented papers at 17 national conferences in the last 16 years. Most recently, presented "Busby Berkeley and Primitivism" at the Society for Cinema and Media Studies Conference in New Orleans, March 2011.