Timothy J. Woods
- A.A., University of Florida, 1978
- B.Des., University of Florida, 1980
- M.Arch., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1985
"I have always maintained a practice that includes architectural design, industrial design and installation art and fine art in the United States, Honduras and East Africa. I feel that practicing design inspires my teaching and teaching inspires my designs."Timothy J. Woods | Architecture professor
Awards, recognition and honors
American Institute of Architects Education Honor Award for a paper titled "A Layered Approach to Critical Discourse"; Charles A. Lindbergh Foundation Certificate of Merit for the Arts and Humanities supporting research in Africa under project "'Ujamaa' Made Manifest: Balancing Culture, Country and Technology"; Beaux Arts Video, award winner at New York International Independent Film and Video Festival, shown in New York, Los Angeles, California, and London; c2c-home Competition; Installation, "Glossolalia" for "Reflections on Jane Fonda"; Installation, "Walls from Invisible Cities #4″ for "Functional Follies" competition; Design Competition for the president's house at the University of South Florida, Honorable Mention, published in Florida Architecture magazine
Professor of architecture, University of North Carolina at Charlotte; professor of architecture, University of South Florida; assistant professor of architecture, University of Louisiana at Lafayette
Publications and presentations
- Paper for ACSA Southeast Regional Conference, "Between First and Third Worlds," titled "The Village Caught Between Three Worlds"
- Paper for ACSA Southwest Regional Conference, "Internationalism, Culturalism, Regionalism
- Paper presented at Preservation Institute: Nantucket Seminar, titled "The Preservation of a Tri- cultural Building Tradition: The Act of Construction as an Anchor for the Evolution of House and Village in Rural Tanzania"