Timothy Allen Jackson
- B.F.A., Western Kentucky University
- M.F.A., Cranbrook Academy of Art
- Ph.D., Pennsylvania State University
Awards, recognitions and honors
Computing Center Fellow, The Pennsylvania State University; Leonhard Center Fellow, The Pennsylvania State University; Heritage Canada Grant, Research Partnering; Canada Council Grant, Media Arts; Canadian Fund for Infrastructure Grant; SRC Research Grant, Ryerson University
Leonardo Education Forum, College Art Association, MARCEL Network
Publications and Presentations
- "A Radical Aesthetic: Syncretism as Free/Open Source Culture," Drain magazine, October 2005.
- "Ghosts of Modernity in the Work of Avantika Bawa," in "Wall to Wall Drawings" catalog exhibition, the Drawing Center, New York, July 2005.
- "Imagining Futures: Towards a Critical Pedagogy for Emerging Technologies," in "Electronic Collaboration in the Humanities: Issues and Options," James Inman et. al., eds., Lawrence Erlbaum Press, 2003.
- "A Cartography of Awe Rendered in Invisible Ink: The Sublimation of the Sublime in the Work of Arnaud Dejaummes," Ryerson University Catalog, 2003.
- "Homily for a Labor of Meaning," Bad Subjects: Issue 53, January 2001.
- Authored, organized and chaired Leonardo Educators Forum Panel, "New Media Futures: The Artist as Researcher and Research as Art in the 21st Century," and presented "Metaphors and Taxonomies: Art as Basic Research," 20th Annual Conference of the Society of Literature, Science, and Art, New York University, New York, November 2006; and College Art Association, NYU, New York, February 2006.
- "A Radical Aesthetic: Syncretism as Free/Open Source Culture," Without Borders Art Festival, the University of Maine - Orono, September 2005.
- Presented overview of work by Synth/Ops Research Group, conference at CIANT - International Center for Art and New Technologies, Prague, Czech Republic, July 2005.
- Invited speaker for the Ryerson Panel of Researchers from the Faculty of Communication and Design, International Council of Fine Arts Deans, Toronto, Canada, November 2002.
- "Travelossities: Sadness and Speed," 10-minute digital video, "Without Borders Art Festival," Bangor, Maine, September 2005.
- "Impossible Sky," DVD, CIANT - International Center for Art and New Technologies, Prague, Czech Republic, July 2005.
- "Impossible Sky: Sacred Skies," installation in "Intervention" exhibition, Lacoste, France, June - August 2005.
- "Impossible Sky: SCAD-Atlanta," installation in "Digital Cotton" exhibition, Atlanta, February 2005.
- "Impossible Sky," documentation DVD, "T(HERE)," India Habitat Center, New Delhi, India, December 2004.