- B.F.A., photography, Sam Houston State University, 1982
- M.A., painting, Stephen F. Austin State University, 1987
- M.F.A., painting, Stephen F. Austin State University, 1988
"For many years my focus was on my career as a working artist, creating works of art and exhibiting in galleries. While still keeping regular hours in the studio, now my focus is on my students. With my past experience, I am inspired to be a role model for students just beginning on the journey to fulfill their dreams of a life in the arts. In the classroom, I teach students how to measure success on step at a time, take pride in their accomplishments and thus become empowered to move forward with confidence."Terry Moeller | Foundation studies professor
Awards, recognition and honors
Artwork represented in numerous private and more than 60 corporate, hospital, government and museum collections including Hunter Museum in Chattanooga, Tennessee, the United States Embassies Collection, the Federal Reserve, Shell Oil, Exxon, McGraw-Hill Publishing, Hallmark Cards, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Boston Mass. General Hospital, Merrill Lynch, and A. G. Edwards
Attended the Annual National Art Material Trade Association (NAMTA) Convention, 2008-11
Professional artist with gallery exhibitions in New York, Chicago, Boston, St. Louis, Houston, Dallas and Atlanta; adjunct faculty, St. Louis Community College; instructor, St. Louis Art Museum; assistant professor, Truman State University art department, Kirksville, Missouri; freelance artist working for advertising agencies in Houston and Dallas, Texas
Publications and presentations
- Featured in the Canson / Royal Talens Newsletter 2011, first edition (image reproduction and essay on the use of Rembrandt pastels in landscape drawing).
- St. Louis Homes and Lifestyles, August 1997 (reproduction).
- A.G. Edwards & Sons' publication, Horizons, 1996 (image reproduction on the cover of publication).
- "Land and Sky," St. Louis Post Dispatch, by Carol Ferring Shepley, Jan. 26, 1996.