B.F.A., graphic design, Rochester Institute of Technology, 1986
Launched the television channel Turner Classic Movies; showcased art while balancing commerce, elevating television branding to a new creative level, full of nuance and purpose
Awards, recognitions and honors
"Edge of Outside" documentary selected for Atlanta Film Festival, Gijon International Spanish Film Festival, London Independent Film Festival and Hong Kong Independent Film Festival; Promax Association Lifetime Achievement Award in broadcast design and promotions; numerous gold, silver and platinum awards from the Broadcast Design Association and Promax Association; Emmy for Best Public Affairs Promotion (Georgia)
Broadcast Design Association; Promax; AIGA
Publications and Presentations
- "On Screen in Time: Transitions in Motion Graphic Design for Film, TV and New Media," East Sussex: RotoVision (2003).
- Venice Magazine, 2006.
- New York Post, 2006.
- The New York Times, 2006.
- The Wall Street Journal, 2006.
- Print Magazine, 1999.
- Communication Arts Magazine, 1998 Design Annual.
- Communication Arts Magazine, 1996 Design Annual.
- Guest speaker at numerous international Broadcast Design Association conferences
- Guest speaker at SCAD, 2007, 2009