B.F.A., graphic design, Rochester Institute of Technology, 1986
"I come from a family of teachers, so I realize the importance of presenting ideas in different ways so that the variety of personalities in a class can learn in their own unique ways. I strive at tailoring subjects to each student, presenting references that apply to their interests so they can appreciate and identify with them."Shannon Davis | Motion media design professor
Awards, recognition and honors
"Edge of Outside" documentary selected for Atlanta Film Festival, Gijon International Spanish Film Festival, London Independent Film Festival and Hong Kong Independent Film Festival; Promax Association Lifetime Achievement Award in broadcast design and promotions; numerous gold, silver and platinum awards from the Broadcast Design Association and Promax Association; Emmy for Best Public Affairs Promotion (Georgia)
Broadcast Design Association; Promax; AIGA
Senior vice president of branding and original production, Turner Classic Movies; vice president and global creative director, Turner Classic Movies
Publications and presentations
- "On Screen in Time: Transitions in Motion Graphic Design for Film, TV and New Media," East Sussex: RotoVision (2003).
- Venice Magazine, 2006.
- New York Post, 2006.
- The New York Times, 2006.
- The Wall Street Journal, 2006.
- Print Magazine, 1999.
- Communication Arts Magazine, 1998 Design Annual.
- Communication Arts Magazine, 1996 Design Annual.
- Guest speaker at numerous international Broadcast Design Association conferences
- Guest speaker at SCAD, 2007, 2009