- B.A., The University of the South, 1985
- M.A., West Virginia University, 1996
- Ph.D., West Virginia University, 1996
"My undergraduate advisor, Dr. Charles Brockett at The University of the South, and my dissertation advisor, Dr. Robert Dilger at West Virginia University."Randy Moffett | General education professor
American Political Science Association [APSA]
Professor of political science, Savannah College of Art and Design, Savannah, Georgia; domestic & international procurement officer, Cooperative for Assistance and Relief, Everywhere (CARE), Atlanta, Georgia; research/teaching assistant, Institute for Public Affairs, West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia; executive assistant, National Press Club, Washington, D.C.
Publications and presentations
- With Robert Jay Dilger and Linda Struyk. 1997. "Privatization of Municipal Services in America's Largest Population Cities," Public Administration Review 57(1):21-26.
- With Robert Jay Dilger and George Krause. 1995. "The Impact of State Legislative Professionalism on Gubernatorial Effectiveness in Office, 1978-91," Legislative Studies Quarterly 20:553-71.
- With Robert Jay Dilger and Linda Struyk. 1995. "Privatization of Municipal Services in West Virginia," The West Virginia Public Affairs Reporter 12(4):12-17.
- Panel discussant, Best Teaching Practices panel, Georgia Political Science Association annual meeting, Savannah, GA, November 13-15, 2008.
- Presented lecture, 'Is the Pen Mightier Than the Sword? Presidential Election Political Satireand its evolution from the works of William Hogarth,' at the Earle W. Newton Center for British American Studies, Savannah College of Art and Design, November 1, 2004.
- Panel discussant, forum on violence in America sponsored by the Savannah College of Art and Design Residence Life, in conjunction with a screening of the film Bowling for Columbine at the Lucas Theater, Savannah, GA., November 1, 2003.
- Presented lecture, The Shrinking Electorate, the Rational Voter, and the Possibility of Reform, at the April meeting of the Savannah College of Art and Design United Student Forum [USF], April 22, 2003, in conjunction with their student voter registration drive.
- Presented paper, "Interest Group Strategy and Participation in the Regulation of Private Property," at the Annual meeting of the Midwest Political Science Association, Chicago, IL, April 6-8, 1995.
- Presented paper, "Congressional Voting on Environmental Issues: A Roll-Call Analysis," at the Annual Meeting of the West Virginia Political Science Association, Morgantown, WV, October 18-20, 1991.