- B.F.A., California College of the Arts, Oakland, California, 1973
- M.F.A., Maryland Institute College of Art, 1975
Awards, recognitions and honors
American Academy in Rome, Visiting/Artist Scholar Program, Casa Rustica studio; SCAD Presidential Fellowship; Design Excellence Award: Long Beach Planning Commission; Museum Lecture Series, foundation department, Otis College of Art and Design; Faculty Development Grant: New School for Social Research, New York, New York; National Endowment for the Arts Project Grant
Arts Council of Long Beach, Americans for the Arts Public Art Network, SECAC
Publications and Presentations
- 1997. "Kulture-Komet," project for PCA's office facade, Long Beach Public Corporation for the Arts, Public Art Program
- 1995. "Pre-Columbus Quincentenary Primal Experience Extravaganza Sale: A Mohr-Stone Promotion, NO.3," Angels Gate Cultural Center, American Indian Perspectives, (installation)
- 2010. CSULB Fine Arts Round Table, California State University, Long Beach, California. Guest artist lecture: "The Road Least Traveled."
- 2009. SECAC/ MACAA Conference, Richmond, Virginia. Proposal (peer reviewed and presented paper): "Vulnerable Territories: Public Space Design and Innovative Approaches to Vernacular Land Use."
- 1999. "Arte actual en Los Angeles, La Voz de Ourense, Cuenca, Spain," L.A. New Art
- 1997. "Street Gallery, Guide to 1000 L.A. Murals," 1st & 2nd edition, by Robin Dunitz
- 1997. Los Angeles Times Calendar, "To Have and Have Not," by Cathy Curtis
- 1995. Art in America Annual, Public Art, reproduction