- B.A., english literature, Occidental College
- M.A., theater arts and rhetoric Occidental College
- M.A., museum studies and art history, University of Southern California
- Ph.D., art history, University of Southern California
Awards, recognitions and honors
- SCAD Presidential Fellowship at the American Academy in Rome, Spring 2017, for "The Signature of the Artist on the Aristonothos Krater: New Perspectives."
- National Endowment for the Humanities Fellowship at the American School of Classical Studies at Athens, January–June 2015, for "The Corpus of Bilingual Greek and Latin Inscriptions at Delos."
- Ambassador Choice Award, given by SCAD international students, March 2011.
- Kress Foundation grants for presenting at the third, fourth, sixth, seventh and eighth international conferences of the Association for the Study of Marble and Other Stones in Antiquity, 1993–2006.
American Research Center in Egypt, American Society of Greek and Latin Epigraphy, Archaeological Association of America, Association for the Study of Marble and Other Stones in Antiquity, Association Internationale d'Épigraphie Grecque et Latine, College Art Association, International Association of Egyptologists
Publications and Presentations
- "Egyptian Stylistic Influence on Stoichedon and the Hekatompedon Inscription at Athens," in "Proceedings of the Tenth International Congress of Egyptologists, University of the Aegean, Rhodes, 22–29 May 2008," vol. 2, book 241 of the Orientalia Lovaniensia Analecta series, Peeters, 2015.
- "The Stoichedon Arrangement of the New Marathon Stele from the Villa of Herodes Atticus at Kynouria," in "Ancient Documents and their Contexts," edited by John Bodel and Nora Dimitrova, 82–97, Brill, 2014.
- "The Terrace of the Foreign Gods, Serapieion C, and the Meaning of World Heritage at the Archaeological Site of Delos," in "World Heritage and National Registers: Stewardship in Perspective," edited by Thomas R. Gensheimer and Celeste Lovette Guichard, 179–195, Transaction Publishers, 2014.
- "The Memorial of Metrodorus: Greek Stoichedon from North Africa," in "Abgadiyat," vol. 8, no. 1 (2013): 110-121, Brill.
- "The Art of the Hekatompedon Inscription and the Birth of the Stoikhedon Style," Brill, 2010.
- "Inscription as Ornament in Greek Architecture," chapter three in "Structure, Image, Ornament: Architectural Sculpture of the Greek World," edited by Peter Schultz and Ralf von den Hoff, 30–39, Oxbow Books, 2009.
- "Ptolemaic Authority, the Egyptian Priesthood, and the Superlative at Philae," presented at the 67th Annual Meeting of the American Research Center in Egypt in Atlanta, Georgia, April 16, 2016.
- "The Bronze Head of Arsinoe III in Mantua and the Typology of Ptolemaic Divinization of the Archelaos Relief," presented at the XIX International Congress on Ancient Bronzes, J. Paul Getty Museum in Los Angeles, California, Oct. 13, 2015.
- "The Ptolemaic Dedication of Archepolis in the Bibliotheca Alexandrina: Materiality and Text," presented at the International Congress of Egyptologists XI in Florence, Italy, Aug. 26, 2015.
- "The Marble Dedication of Komon, son of Asklepiades, from Egypt: Material, Provenance, and the Reinforcement of Meaning," presented at the Association for the Study of Marble and Other Stones in Antiquity XI International Conference in Split, Croatia, May 18, 2015.
- "The Corpus of Bilingual Greek and Latin Inscriptions from Delos," presented at the Epigraphical Museum in Athens, May 5, 2015.
- "The Pharos of Alexandria: At the Interface Between Non-Extant Inscription and Other Written Evidence," presented at the Annual Society for Classical Studies Panel of the American Society of Greek and Latin Epigraphy in New Orleans, Louisiana, Jan. 9, 2015.
- "The Nike of Samothrace: The Case for the Artist's Signature," presented at the Archaeological Institute of America's 115th Annual Meeting in Chicago, Illinois, Jan. 5, 2014.
- "Writing in the Wall: An Architect's Signature at Mykonos," presented at the 64th Annual Meeting of the Society of Architectural Historians in New Orleans, Louisiana, April 15, 2011.
- "Architectural Framing of Historical Buildings: A Case Study of the Price Tower vs. the Getty Villa," presented at the Biennial Savannah Symposium, department of architectural history, Savannah College of Art and Design, Feb. 2007.
- "Architectural Epigraphy and Urban Memorial Space: the Athenian Polyandrion vs. the Vietanam War Memorial in Washington, D.C.," presented at the Savannah College of Art and Design department of architectural history's Annual Lecture Series, Jan. 2003.
- Canine Onomastikon, calligraphic artwork shown in "Dog Days of Summer," Savannah College of Art and Design Alexander Hall Gallery, June 27–Aug. 28, 2002.
- Grave Stele with Double Wreaths and Hekatompedon Exemplar, original archaeological drawings shown in "First Impressions," Savannah College of Art and Design Exhibit A Gallery, Sept. 14–Oct. 17, 2001.