Art history professor
- B.A., Art History, University of Pittsburgh, 1991
- M.Phil., The Graduate Center, City University of New York, 2003
- Ph.D., The Graduate Center, City University of New York, 2008
Awards, recognitions and honors
Short-list for 2002 Fullbright Fellowship; CUNY Mall Fellowship (1999-2000); CUNY Teaching Fellowship (Hunter College), 1999-2000
College Art Association, SECAC, ART Table, Society for Photographic Educators
Publications and Presentations
- Curatorial consultant for Public Art Exhibition, sponsored by The Community Foundation of the Lowcountry, Coastal Discovery Museum, Hilton Head, South Carolina, Fall 2015.
- “Learning in the Presence of Art,” TADtad at SCAD Museum of Art, September 2015.
- "Girls and Goods: Amerikanismus and the Tiller-Effect" in The International New Woman in Film and Photography, eds. Elizabeth Otto and Vanessa Rocco (University of Michigan Press, 2011).
- SECAC, Richmond, 2010 (paper presented)
- "Why Go Anywhere Else" (catalog essay), exhib. Curator, Blazo Kovacevic, SCAD, Painting Dept. and Contemporary Art Center, Montenegro (traveling to 6 locations in Montenegro and Serbia), Summer and Fall 2010.
- "Endless Supply: Felix Gonzalez-Torres Retrospective," Chicago Art Journal, University of Chicago, 2007.
- "This is What a Feminist Looks Like," Bonds of Love, exhibition catalog essay, curated by Lisa Kirk at John Connelly Presents, New York, 2005.
- "Taking Inventory: William Henry Fox Talbot," PART 8, Journal of the CUNY Ph.D. Program in Art History, 2003-2004.
- Quarterly reviews for Tema Celeste art magazine including Doug Hall, John Pilson, Stephen Hendee, Gabriel Orozco, Rachel Whiteread, Jonathan Calm, DJ Spooky, Tim Davis, 2001-2004.
- Cinema Studies Conference, Chicago , 1999 (paper presented)
- Co-organizer, Images for the Millenium: A Long Island Focus on Photography, The Long Island Center of Photography, October 17, Nassau County Community College, 1998.
- Celluloid Cave (an exhibition of art film including: Martin Kersels, Sharon Lockhart, Liisa Roberts, Dara Friedman, Marijke van Warmerdam, Tacita Dean, Karsten Bott, Karl Kels, Tag Purvis), curated by Dara Friedman, Thread Waxing Space, May 10-June 7, 1997, interviews with the artists, exh. cat.
- Do-It-Yourself (an exhibition of works by Phyllis Baldino, Dennis Vermuelen, Bill Smart), Margaret Harvey Gallery, University of Hertfordshire, England, April 23-May 1997, exh. cat.
- Bill Viola: Fire, Water, Breath, Performing Arts Journal, Johns Hopkins University Press, May 1997, Vol. XX, No. 2.
- Nobody Will Give You Freedom. You Have to Take It: Meret Oppenheim, Beyond the Teacup, Performing Arts Journal, Johns Hopkins University Press, September 1996, Vol. XIX, No. 1.
- Michael Joseph: Proxy, Zing Magazine, Volume 3, Fall 1996.
- Spiritual Minimalism: The 1995 Carnegie International Exhibition, Performing Arts Journal, Johns Hopkins University Press, May 1996, Vol. XVIII, No. 3.
- Gary Hill at the Guggenheim Museum SoHo: Reading the Body vs. Touching the Text, Performing Arts Journal, Johns Hopkins University Press, September 1995, Vol. XVII, No. 2.
- A Free-Flowing Geometry, Performing Arts Journal, Johns Hopkins University Press, January 1995, Vol.XVII, No. 1.