- B.F.A., University of Georgia, 1991
- M.F.A., University of Washington, 1999
- Coordinator for the 2015 American Craft Council "Making Meaning in the Marketplace Symposium: Post Digital Craft," hosted by SCAD
- Co-chair for the 2008 annual conference for the Society of North American Goldsmiths, "Crosscurrents: Diverse Solutions in a Global Environment," hosted by SCAD
Awards, recognitions and honors
• Work included in "Curated Exhibition in Print 2013," guest curated by Susan Cohn, published in "As Seen by Others: Photography as Strategy," Metalsmith Magazine, vol. 33, no. 4 (October 2013).
• Work included in "21st Century Jewelry: The Best of the 500 Series," by Marthe Le Van, Lark Crafts, Aug. 2, 2011.
• Juror's Award, "Materials: Hard & Soft," Greater Denton Arts Council, Denton, Texas, 2003
American Craft Council, Art Jewelry Forum, Society of North American Goldsmiths