* B.S., art education, Kutztown University, 1972 * M.A., art education, Kutztown University, 1977 * M.F.A., painting, Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, 1994
"During seven years of study at the Barnstone Studios, I became aware of many visual design and drawing practices that have been developed and refined over the centuries -- our heritage as visual artists. Seeing the strength these practices made possible in the development of many artists of the past, as well those students studying at the Studios, made it clear that this heritage needed to be shared on a wider scale. I was then and remain, very motivated to help students understand the depth of visual art and design and help them become aware of their rightful heritage. I hope to help them develop a deep respect and a passion for this field of study and give them a sound foundation to help them realize their career goals."Kristie Bruzenak | Foundation studies professor
Awards, recognition and honors
Distinguished Artist Award, Gallery Latreuo, Jacksonville, Florida; commissioned by Augsburg Fortress Press
Foundations in Art: Theory and Education (FATE); Guild of Natural Science Illustrators; Southeastern College Art Conference (SECAC)
Chair of Curriculum Revisions Committee, department of foundation studies, Savannah College of Art and Design; adjunct lecturer in drawing and design, department of architecture, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania; adjunct instructor in art education and assistant professor in drawing and design, Kutztown University, Kutztown, Pennsylvania; art teacher, Jackson Memorial School District, Jackson, New Jersey; director and drawing instructor for Program for Talented High School Students, Kutztown University; state secretary, board member, regional vice president, curriculum chair, Pennsylvania Art Education Association
Publications and presentations
- 2010. Southeastern College Art Conference, Richmond, Virginia. Presentation: "Preparing Students for Careers."
- 2010. The Guild of Natural Science Illustrators national conference, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina. Presentation: "Techniques Showcase Demonstration."
- 2009. Think Tank IV, The Institute for Integrative Teaching, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia. Presentation: "The Structure of Content."
- 2007. Biennial FATE National Conference, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Presentation: "Drawing for Design, Shifting the Focus of Foundation Drawing."