- B.Des., University of Florida, 1997
- M.Arch., Southern California Institute of Architecture, 2000
"As a professor I have had the opportunity to work with incredibly talented students to prepare them to be creative professionals in the design field. As chair, I have had the opportunity to work with great faculty and staff in leading a nationally ranked interior design program that is internationally recognized."
Awards, recognitions and honors
- American Society of Interior Designers Student Advisory Council, Fall 2014
- Council for Interior Design Accreditation Awards for Excellence honorable mention for “SCADpad, Reimagining Urban Living,” Winter 2015
- Scholarly and Creative Activities Committee Grant, Spring 2006
- Enhancing Educational Effectiveness Grant, Spring 2006
International Interior Design Association, Interior Design Educators Council, U.S. Green Building Council, American Society of Interior Designers, SCI-Arc Alumni Association, American Institute of Architects, Los Angeles Conservancy, Los Angeles Forum (MAK Center at the Schindler House)
Publications and Presentations
- Tony Ozuna, Prague Post: School & Education, March/April 2008, interview
- Donna Dorian, Garden Design Magazine, September/October 2005, product review
- Architectural Record, New York City, New York, October, 2004, product review
- Dwell, September 2004, photograph of product
- James Lippincott, Land + Living, August 2004, product showcase
- David Keeps, Los Angeles Times, product showcase, Los Angeles, California, Sept. 2, 2004, p. F7
- Donna Dorian, Garden Design Magazine, July/August Issue. Product review
- The New York Times, New York, New York, Aug. 7, 2003, p. D2, photograph of product
- Panel Host, 8th Annual Savannah Symposium, Savannah, Georgia, March 2013
- Co-Presenter, IDEC Annual Conference, 2012, Baltimore, Maryland, February 2012
- Participated in “Houston Interior Designers: How Texans Touched the World,” a juried exhibition of work from top Texas interior design firms, organized by American Institute of Architects and the Houston chapter of the International Interior Design Association. As a panel member, Vo discussed the future of interior design education, shared information about the SCAD School of Building Arts, and presented departmental work with the Collaborative Learning Center.
- Presenter, Southeastern College Art Conference, October 2010, Richmond, Virginia
- "Baba: An Interior View of the Czechoslovakian Werkbund Housing Estates," Interior Design Educators Council, March 2010, Atlanta, Georgia
- "Baba: Inside the Czechoslovakian Werkbund Housing Estates," Modern Interior Symposium, March 2010, Atlanta, Georgia
- Organizer and host, Architecture Education Summit 2007, April 2007, The Standard Hotel, Los Angeles, California. Created and executed a three-day symposium that brought together architects and educators from around the country to discuss the current state of design education. Keynote speakers included Hitoshi Abe and Michael Maltzan.
- "Modeling Disaster Preparedness and Relief through Complexity Theory," Disaster Recovery & Redevelopment Conference, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas, 2006
- "Visiting with Huell Howser," show No. 1307
- HGTV, "Landscaper's Challenge," episodes 609, 806.