Kelly O'Neal Lancaster
- A.A., liberal arts, Albany Junior College, 1978
- B.A., speech and dramatic arts, Mercer University, 1980
- M.A., speech communication, University of Georgia, 1982
- Ph.D., communication, University of Oklahoma, 1986
"Academic: being the first person in my family to earn an advanced degree.
"Professional: receiving notes from former students telling me that something they learned in my class has made a difference in their lives.
"Person: being able to provide care at home for my parents (both with Alzheimer's Disease)"
Awards, recognitions and honors
Two-time recipient of special recognition from the President of the Savannah College of Art and Design; twice named to Outstanding Young Men of America; Outstanding College Service Award at Darton College; NISOD Award for Excellence in American Community/Junior; Outstanding Graduate Teaching Assistant; two-time recipient of the W.G. Lee Scholarship of Academic Excellence in Speech and Dramatic Arts; Outstanding Student in Theatre Award; Albany Junior College Foundation Scholarship for Academic Excellence
National Communication Association (former); Alpha Psi Omega and Delta Psi Omega National Dramatic Honorary Fraternities; Phi Theta Kappa National Academic Honorary Fraternity
Publications and Presentations
- Conflict Management in Situations of Sexual Harassment: An Exploratory Study (unpublished doctoral dissertation), University of Oklahoma, 1986
- The Effects of Environmental Aesthetics on Small Group Performance and Member Reaction (unpublished masters thesis), University of Georgia, 1982