Jose Luis Silva
- B.A., graphic design and illustration, Universidad del Bajio, 1996
- M.F.A., computer art, SCAD, 2001
"As an artist myself, I am always inspired by watching students grow through their experience in the classroom. I am honored to be part of the dialogue and instruction that leads students to develop their own languages as artists and individuals. In lectures and through class dynamics, I encourage students to develop critical thinking and analytical skills. Every assignment is an opportunity to engage students, challenging them to respond personally to their own passions."Jose Luis Silva | Animation professor
Awards, recognition and honors
First place image/logo competition, Game Developers Conference, Georgia Department of Economic Development, Atlanta, Georgia; first place, poster competition, "Arts on the River," SCAD, Savannah, Georgia; first place, international poster competition, "Protect our Cultural Heritage," UNESCO, Paris, France; Independent Creative Achievement Award, SCAD, Savannah, Georgia; national recognition, National Council of Science and Technology, "The Best Students of Mexico," Mexico City, Mexico
Freelance illustrator with experience in editorial, book and advertising illustration; professor, Centro de Arte y Diseno, Universidad del Bajio; professor, Universidad Iberoamericana; managing editor, Refrescos del Bajio Azteca (Coca-Cola) Mexico
Publications and presentations
- "Teaching Animation in North America," Anigames Expo, Anigames and Naska Digital, Bogota, Colombia, 2010.
- "Animation and Moving Media," Universidad DeLaSalle, Leon, Mexico, 2009.
- "Animation and Broadcast Design," Design Week, Tegucigalpa, Honduras, 2006.
- "The Process and the Short Animated Film. First Latin American Encounter of Animation," Universidad Veritas, San Jose, Costa Rica, 2005.
- "Animation and the School of Film and Digital Media at SCAD," San Jose, Costa Rica, 2004.
- "Natural Filters," Asia International Education Center, EC Multimedia Technology, Taipei, Taiwan, 2002.