- B.F.A., illustration, Rhode Island School of Design, 1990
- M.F.A., painting, New York Academy of Art, 1992
Awards, recognitions and honors
SCAD Presidential Fellowship: "Drawing the Via Dolorosa" for exhibition and publication in cooperation with the Pontifical Council for Culture, Vatican City, Italy; Madrid Spain World Youth Day, "Faces of Christ", Madrid, 16-21 August; Château de Fontaine Henry, Normandy, France May 2011; Weymouth Center for the Arts & Humanities, Southern Pines, North Carolina May 7-21, Solo Langley Art with Designer Alice Henrick; "Splendors of the Vatican" at the Senator John Heinz Cultural Center, Pittsburgh, PA "Preparatory Cartoon for Signum Magnum"; School of Foundation Studies Spring Quarter Faculty Exhibit, Wallin Hall, SCAD Savannah, Spring March 2011; School of Foundation Studies Winter Quarter Faculty Drawing Exhibit; Studioplex Gallery, Atlanta Georgia and Anderson Hall, Savannah College of Art and Design, Savannah GA. January / March; National Juried Group Invitational, St Vincent College, Latrobe, Pennsylvania, Juror: Sr Wendy Beckett; Selected Work on Paper, John Paul II Cultural Center, Washington D.C.; Solo Exhibit, Distinguished Artist Series, Hillsdale College, Hillsdale Michigan
International Order of Alhambra, Fellowship for Classical Studies at SCAD
Publications and Presentations
- Memory and Desire; The Figurative Art of James Langley Monograph with selected Drawings and Painting and Interview
- Faces of Christ Book including Cover Plate and Frontispiece sponsored by the Pontifical Council for Culture, Vatican City, Italy "Contemporary Sacred Art".
- The Magazine Antiques, February 2007 "New at the Metropolitan Museum of Art"
- American Artist, Drawing, Winter2007 "Drawing on Savannah's Aesthetic Allure"
- Le Pretre Catholique; Image du Christ, Steen Heidemann, Book Published in France by Editions DuPont
- The Magazine, Savannah College of Art and Design Fall 2006 Volume 10, Number 1 "Bringing Beauty into the World"
- The Southern Cross January 2011 January edition featuring "Signum Magnum"
- La Voz Latina December 2010 "Monumental painting of la Guadalupana by Savannah Artist".
- Thomas Aquinas College Newsletter Spring 2006, Interview
- Catholic World Report; November 2005 "The Redemption of Catholic Art" Interview by Ben Wiker
- Lay Witness Magazine, 5/June 2004 Cover Painting
- Riconquistare Lo Spazio Sacro 2000, Journal in English and Italian. Published Project: S. Caterina da Genova Apse Wall Retablo with Paintings New York, New York
- "Drawing and the Concept of The Beautiful" Guest lecture Veritas Academy, Savannah, Georgia
- "Beauty and the Beast" The Saint Anselm Society at the Juliette Gordon Low Cottage, Savannah, Georgia, Guest Lecturer, October 2008
- Solo Exhibit and Artist Talk: The Landings Art Association, Skidaway Island, Georgia, November 2008