- B.F.A., painting, Kent State University, 1997
- M.F.A., painting, Tyler School of Art, 2000
Solo exhibitions: ADA Gallery, Richmond, Virginia; Gallery S.P.A.C.E., Savannah, Georgia
Awards, recognitions and honors
Artist grant, one-month residency, Vermont Studio Center; SCAD Presidential Fellowship
College Art Association, Foundations in Art: Theory and Education (FATE), Southeastern College Art Conference (SECAC)
Publications and Presentations
- FATE Biennial Conference, St. Louis, Missouri, 2011
- Session chair: "Teaching Foundations vs. Studio Practice"
- Paper: "Teaching Foundations vs. Studio Practice: Is There an Overlap?"
- Artist lecture, Dr. Mary Evelyn Stringer Auditorium, Mississippi University for Women, Columbus, Mississippi, 2011
- SECAC/MACAA Annual Conference, Richmond, Virginia, paper: "Collaborative Nonobjective Drawing: A Classroom Experiment," 2010
- SECAC Annual Conference, Mobile, Alabama, 2009
- Session chair: "Bridging the Gap: The Use of Digital Technologies in Painting"; Paper: "Organizing, Formatting and Presenting Digital Images"