Harriet (Christian) Carr
- B.A., Hollins University
- M.A., Bard Graduate Center for Studies in the Decorative Arts, Design and Culture
- Ph.D., Virginia Commonwealth University
Awards, recognition and honors
Fellowships from: Winterthur Museum and Library, National Preservation Institute, The Attingham Trust for the Study of Historic Houses and Collections, and The Bard Graduate Center
Grants from: The Institute for Museum and Library Services, Virginia Association of Museums for exhibition funding provided by the National Endowment for the Humanities
Professor, Sweet Briar College; Director, Sweet Briar College Museum; Director, Arts Management Program at Sweet Briar College; curatorial work, National Gallery of Art, Biltmore Estate, the Historic House Trust of New York City, the Museum of Art and Design
Publications and presentations
- "Young Audiences for Old Collections," an essay in Rethinking Learnings: Museums and Young People (2009), a volume in a British series of books on contemporary museum studies.
- Entries on Chippendale, Rococo Revival and Art Nouveau decorative arts in the Encyclopedia of American Material Culture (2008).
- Discover Silver (2010); Domestic Service in the Gilded Age South (2006); Art Nouveau and Art Deco Treasures from a Private Collection (2005).