Art history professor
- B.A., University of Delaware
- M.A., Hunter College of the City of New York
- Ph.D., City University of New York
Awards, recognitions and honors
Mall Fellowship, CUNY Graduate Center
College Art Association
Publications and Presentations
- "Contemporary Photography Between the Global and the Local," in "Global and Local Mediations," Gregory Minnisale and Celina Jeffery eds. (forthcoming)
- "The Crisis of Photographic Authorship: A Contextual Approach to Intention," in "Thinking Photography (Again)," University of New Mexico Press, 2006.
- "Two New Books: Diane Arbus Revelations and Family Albums," Afterimage 31, 3 (Nov.-Dec. 2003).
- "Diane Arbus's 1960s: Auguries of Experience," Feb. 2012
- "Contemporary Photography Between the Global and the Local" in Gregory Minnisale and Celina Jeffery Eds., Global and Local Art Histories, 2008, 43-58.
- Presented "Jason Rhoades and the Construction of Gluttony" at CAA, New York, New York, 2011
- Presented a paper titled "Constructions of Over-Consumption: Jason Rhoades and Thomas Hirschhorn" at SECAC, Richmond, Vrigina, 2010
- Co-Organizer and Respondent, "Africa on My Mind: Contemporary Art Home and Abroad," 2010
Lectures and symposia
- "Photography and Situationist Psychogeography: An Uneasy Coupling," Fifth Savannah Symposium, "Building in the Public Realm," SCAD architectural history department, 2007
- "The Crisis of Photographic Authorship: A Contextual Approach to Intention" at "Thinking Photography (Again)," Durham Center for Advanced Photography Studies, Hatfield College, University of Durham, England
- Speaker, "Arbus Scholars and Artists Day," at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
- "Diane Arbus and the Social Panorama," Art Forum Lecture Series, Nassau County Community College, Garden City, N.Y.
- Participated in Mellon Foundation Seminar, "The Culture of the Cold War," CUNY Graduate Center