Emily Taub Webb
- B.A., art history, University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, 1997
- B.F.A., graphic design, University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, 1997
- M.A., art history, Emory University, 2004
- Ph.D., art history, Emory University, 2010
Completion of doctorate, receipt of national grant (namely, the Smithsonian Pre-doctoral Fellowship), and opportunity to present research nationally and regionally
Awards, recognitions and honors
Smithsonian Institution Pre-doctoral Fellowship, Smithsonian American Art Museum and Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution (2006-2007); Mellon Dissertation Seminar Fellowship, Emory University (2006); Dean's Teaching Fellowship, Emory University (2005-2006); The Henry Luce Foundation American Art Dissertation Research Award, Art History Department, Emory University (2005); Graduate School of Arts and Sciences Fellowship, Emory University (2004-2005); Research Travel Grant, Art History Department, Emory University (2001, 2002); Woodruff Fellowship, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Emory University (2000-2004)
College Art Association, Southeastern College Art Conference
Publications and Presentations
- 2011. "Lost Art Project: Forging Collaboration and Exchange in the Art History Classroom." "Two-by-Two: Collaborative Exchange and the Classroom" Panel, Joint Annual Conference of the Southeastern College Art Conference and the Mid-America College Art Association, Savannah College of Art and Design, Savannah, Georgia (paper accepted for upcoming November 2011 conference).
- 2011. "The Current State of Art Criticism." Docent Lecture Series, High Museum of Art, Atlanta, Georgia.
- 2011. "Methodological Approaches to Reading Art." Docent Lecture Series, High Museum of Art, Atlanta, Georgia. 2010. "Re-Situating Site-Specificity: Place and Time on View at Dwan Gallery." "Mediating Architecture" Panel, Joint Annual Conference of the Southeastern College Art Conference and the Mid-America College Art Association, Virginia Commonwealth University School of the Arts, Richmond, Virginia.
- 2009. "Early Twentieth-Century Art: From Matisse to Dalí." Undergraduate Art History Lecture Series, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia.
- 2008. "From the Beginning: Locating Site-Specificity." Art History/Liberal Arts Lecture Series, The Savannah College of Art and Design, Atlanta, Georgia.
- 2008. "Place - At the Intersection of Form and Concept." Keynote Address, "Sculptural Concepts: 1962-2007" Exhibition opening, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan.
- 2007. "Sculpture in Environment: Placing Art in the City." Cleveland Symposium, Case Western Reserve University Department of Art History and The Cleveland Museum of Art, Cleveland, Ohio.
- 2006. "On Site-Specificity: A Prelude." Smithsonian American Art Museum, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, D.C.
- 2006. "'Sculpture as Place': The Development of Installation in American Art of the 1960s." Graduate Student Symposium, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia.
- "Accumulated Vision, Barry Le Va," Artforum 43:5 (January 2005): 64. [Exhibition preview of Le Va show at the Institute of Contemporary Art, Philadelphia.]
- "Robert Morris," Artforum 43:5 (January 2005): 92. [Exhibition preview of Morris show at Centro per l'arte Contemporanea Luigi Pecci, Prato, Italy.]
- Exhibition wall texts, Art of the Ancient Americas permanent collection, Michael C. Carlos Museum, 2002.