Associate dean, School of Communication Arts, School of Liberal Arts
- B.A., Colorado State University
- M.A., University of Colorado
- Ph.D., University of New Mexico
- Eastern States Rock Art Research Association
- Archaeological Society of New Mexico
- Society of Georgia Archaeology
- American Rock Art Research Association
- International Federation of Rock Art Organizations-ESRARA Representative
Publications and Presentations
- Review of Carol Diaz-Granados and James Duncan, eds., "Rock Art of Eastern North America: Capturing Images and Insight" (Tuscaloosa: University of Alabama Press, 2004) in Rock Art Research, ed. Robert Bednarik, vol. 22(2), November 2005.
- "Continuing Traditions: The Hanson Collection of Native American Art," exhibition catalog. Savannah: Telfair Museum of Art, 2004.
- Review of Bruno David, "Landscapes, Rock-Art and the Dreaming: An Archaeology of Preunderstanding" (London: Leicester University Press, 2002) in Rock Art Research, ed. Robert Bednarik, vol. 20(2), November 2003.
- "History Recorded in Stone: The Rock Art of Abo Pueblo," Archaeological Society of New Mexico, vol. 28, Albuquerque, N.M., 2002.
- "Rock Art and the Shape of Landscape," in "Painters, Patrons and Identity: Essays in Native American Art to Honor J. J. Brody," ed. Joyce M. Szabo, pgs. 211-240. Albuquerque, NM: University of New Mexico Press, 2001.
Presentations and lectures:
- "Defining the Inner Sanctum: The Role of Rock Forms in Shaping Sacred Space," Southeastern College Art Conference, Nashville, Tenn., October 2006. Co-chair of session "Rock Art II: The Prehistoric Image and Art History."
- "Leaving a Mark: Inscribed Landscapes of the American Southeast," International Rock Art Congress, Lisbon, Portugal, September 2006. Chair of "Place Theory in Rock Art Studies" session.
- "Entering the Dark Zone," Southeastern College Art Conference, Little Rock, Ark., Oct. 26-30, 2005.
- "'Style' vs. 'Memetics': Exploring Some New Ideas," International Rock Art Congress, Agra, India, Nov. 28 - Dec. 2, 2004.
- "The Hickory Nut Site," Eastern States Rock Art Research Association Conference, Huntsville, Ala., March 2003.
- "Continuing Traditions: The Hanson Collection of Native American Art," Telfair Museum of Art, Savannah, September 2004 - January 2005.
- "Continuing Traditions II: The Hanson Collection of Native American Art," Pepe Hall, SCAD, October - November 2004.
- "Hindsight is 20/20," Ex Libris Gallery, SCAD, Sept. 16, 1999-Jan. 2, 2000.