B.F.A., fine arts, Cornell University, 1969
"Anyone should observe that we all live inside a media culture and that young people listen passionately to the sounds of Web videos, movies and games. They have easy access to more powerful media-making tools than any previous generation. Students benefit from the professional experience and aesthetic guidance of SCAD faculty."David Stone | Sound design professor
Awards, recognition and honors
Motion Picture Sound Editors' Golden Reel awards for sound editing on "Top Gun," "Speed" and "Die Hard," and for supervising sound on "Beauty and the Beast" and "Predator," along with many past nominations
Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences; Motion Picture Sound Editors; Cinema Audio Society; Local 700, Motion Picture Editors' Guild; Local 839, The Animation Guild; University Film and Video Association
Sound editor on films including "Gremlins," "Top Gun," "Die Hard," "Speed" and "Ocean's 11"; supervising sound editor on films including "Predator," "Edward Scissorhands," "Beauty and the Beast," "Batman Returns," "City Slickers 2" and "Dolores Claiborne"
Publications and presentations
- Book illustrator and editor of textbook's DVD documentary short "Watch Yer Ears!"
- Book, "The Foley Grail," by Vanessa T. Ament, (pub. by Focal Press, Feb. 2009)
- Editor, "Moviesound Newsletter," 1989-1993
- 2000. Presentation and panel - Motion Picture Sound scholarship and practitioners' conference, Iowa University
- 2008. Presentation and panel - "Now Hear This II, An Evening on Animation Sound," Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, Los Angeles, California
- 2005. Presentation and panel - International conference on games development and education, Business College Nowy Sanc, Poland