David Allan Duncan
- B.F.A., studio art, University of Montevallo, 2002
- M.F.A., visual communications with emphasis on illustration, University of Arizona, School of Art, 2005
Serving as chair of the SCAD sequential art department for two years
Awards, recognitions and honors
Observation and Regurgitation, solo exhibition, Lionel Rombach Gallery, Tucson, Arizona, 2004; In The Land of Wonderful Dreams, solo exhibition, Bloch Gallery, Montevallo, Alabama, 2002; Panel Progressions - 100 Years of Sequential Art, group exhibition, Red Gallery, Savannah, Georgia, 2005; M.F.A. thesis exhibition, group exhibition, University of Arizona Museum of Art, Tucson, Arizona, 2005; Mimesis 10, group exhibition, UA Printmakers Gallery 410, Tucson, Arizona, 2004; The Monster Show, group exhibition, A Bit of the World Gallery, Birmingham, Alabama, 2003; Mimesis 9, group exhibition, UA Printmakers Museum of Contemporary Art, Tucson, Arizona, 2003; Big Relief - Large-format Relief Printing, group exhibition, Jewish Community Center, Birmingham, Alabama, 2002
College Art Association, International Cartoonist Conspiracy
Publications and Presentations
- "Drawing Cartoons & Comics for Dummies," technical editor, Wiley Publishing, Hoboken, New Jersey, 2009.
- "Getting Started: Comic Illustration Kit," Instruction Booklet Forward, Consultant, Faber-Castell USA, Cleveland, Ohio, 2009.
- "Smart Arts: Observations on Art in Academia," Works + Conversation, issue 10, 2005.
- "The Casual Keyhole," Ornithopter, issue 6, 2004.
- "Training Young Cartoonists Despite Industry Uncertainty," Institute for Comics Studies, Comics Art Conference, C2E2, 2010
- "Mini-Comics: The Whole Package," Heroes Con 2008-10
- "Hand-Lettering and Typography for Comics," Heroes Con 2007