- B.F.A., Ohio University
- M.F.A., Marywood University
Published more than 20 children's books and magazines; enjoyed teaching art to all ages for more than 16 years in seven states and three countries
Awards, recognitions and honors
Merit Award, 3x3 Illustration Annual No. 7; SCAD Presidential Fellowship for Professional Development; University of Minnesota Ezra Jack Keats/Kerlan Memorial Fellowship, First Award at New Mexico Watercolor Society's Juried Fall Exhibition; Silver Award for Excellence in Visual Communication; "Jiro's Pearl" featured by Sybille Jagusch, Chief of the Library of Congress, C-SPAN, Book TV on "Sea to Shining Sea";"Jiro's Pearl" selected "Pick of the List" by the American Booksellers Association
Authors Guild, College Art Association, Georgia Watercolor Society, Graphic Artists Guild, Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators
Publications and Presentations
- "Breakfast Time"
- "From the Land of the White Birch"
- "Jiro's Pearl"
- "The Money Bag"
- "Drawing Back the Curtain: Illustrating Nonfiction Picture Books," Savannah Children's Book Festival
- "Drawing Back the Curtain: Illustrating Nonfiction Picture Books," Fay B. Kaigler Children's Book Festival
- "Visual Literacy and the Picture Book: An Illustrator's Perspective," Pass It On!, The International Reading Association's Southwest Regional Conference
- 25th Annual New Mexico International Reading Association's State Conference "Picture Book ABCs and the Question of Visual Literacy," Baltimore Museum of Art's Winter Conference on Children's Books