Christopher Mark Wessinger
- B.S., psychology, University of Florida, 1987
- Ph.D., neuroscience, University of California, 1995
Founding of a company devoted to brain-based distance education in 2010: CogNeuro Learning, LLC
Awards, recognitions and honors
Junior Faculty Research Grant, University of Nevada, 2006; Instructional Enhancement Grant, University of Nevada, 2004; Paul H. Roads Professional Development Award, Gettysburg College, 2002; McDonnell-Pew Graduate Fellowship; Dartmouth College, 1990; B.S. with High Honors, University of Florida, 1987
American Psychological Society, American Psychological Association, Cognitive Neuroscience Society, Society for Neuroscience
Publications and Presentations
- Wessinger, CM, Lenzi, KM, VanMeter, J (2006). Modal and Amodal Processing is Task- and Modality-Specific. Cognitive and Motor Control Workshop II Proceedings, 1, p 13.
- Wessinger CM, Gazzaniga MS. (2005). Blindsight: Hypotheses and Clinical Implications. Disorder of Visual Processing (GG Celesia, ed.), Volume 6, of the Clinical Neurophysiology Handbook Series (J Daube & F Mauguire, eds.), Amsterdam: Elsevier, p441-450.
- Wessinger CM, Fendrich R, Gazzaniga MS. (2005). Cognitive Neuroscience: What is it and Why? Encyclopedia of Neuroscience, 3rd edition (on CD-ROM). (Adelman G and Smith BH, eds.), Oxford: Elsevier.
- Wessinger CM. (2002). The Mind. In Psychology, Volume 2: The Brain and the Mind . London, UK: Grolier/Brown Partworks.
- Yamaguchi T, Wessinger CM. (2007) Diluted face prototype effect shifts when lateralized.. presented at Society for Neuroscience, 32.
- Bevans R, Sharma S, Clapham E, Karst A, Wessinger CM. (2007) Investigating contextual cues on gender identification of babies. presented at Society for Neuroscience, 32.
- Wessinger CM, Clapham E, Karst A, Kainerstorfer J, Medvedev A, VanMeter J. (2007) Cross-form priming and attentional blink investigations of modal and amodal picture processing. Human Brain Mapping Meeting, June 2007, p. 408,
- Karst A, Clapham E, Kainerstorfer J, Medvedev A, VanMeter J, Wessinger CM, (2007) Investigating the Relationship Between the Attentional Blink Effect and Increased Task Load Using Real World Pictures. Presented at the Cognitive Neuroscience Society Annual Meeting, May 2007, p 198.
- Clapham E, Karst A, Kainerstorfer J, VanMeter J, Wessinger CM. (2007) Investigating Conceptual and Perceptual Picture Processing with Cross-Form Priming. Presented at the Cognitive Neuroscience Society Annual Meeting, May 2007, p 288.
- Bevans R, Sharma S, Clapham E, Karst A, Wessinger CM. (2007) Who Knows Baby Best? Investigating Gender Identification in Babies. Presented at the Cognitive Neuroscience Society Annual Meeting, May 2007, p 267.
- Wessinger CM, Clapham E, Boswell T. (2006). Name and Image agreement and perceptual and conceptual priming for easily nameable, full color, real world pictures. presented at Society for Neuroscience, 31, #663.
- Yamaguchi T, Tanoue R, Fujita JA, & Wessinger CM. (2006). Exploring racial differences in face prototype formation and utilization. Presented at the annual conference of the Association for Psychological Science, New York, NY.