- B.A., theater, State University of New York at Albany, 1977
- M.A., communication, Regent University, 1981
Executive producer and creator of "Big Brother Jake" (The Family Channel); staff writer for "The Cosby Show" (Carsey-Werner/NBC); associate writer for "As the World Turns" (Procter & Gamble/CBS); story editor for "Diamonds" (USA Network/CBS); supervising producer/writer for "More True Stories from Touched by an Angel" (CBS) and "The Mysterious Man of the Shroud" (CBS)
Awards, recognitions and honors
Emmy nomination for "As The World Turns"
Writers Guild of America, National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, University Film and Video Association
Publications and Presentations
- "The Littlest Magi," Zonderkidz, 2004
- "The Legend of the Sand Dollar," Zonderkidz, 2005
- "Molly and the Good Shepherd," Zonderkidz, 2005
- "A Thief, A Stranger, and A Pack of Lies," Zonderkidz, 2005
- "The Chinese Puzzle Box," Zonderkidz, 2005
- "The Forgotten Room," Zonderkidz, 2005
- "Hidden in Plain Sight," Zonderkidz, 2010
Chris Auer is the chair of film and television as well as dramatic writing at the Savannah College of Art and Design. His career as an Emmy-nominated writer and producer for sitcoms, dramas and soaps spans more than 25 years.