Charles M. Boggs
Interior design professor
- IIDA, NCIDQ, LEED AP
- B.A., architecture, University of Cincinnati, 2001
- M.A., interior design, Florida International University, 2010
- Coordinator of cruise ship and super yacht design certificate program, Florida International University.
- Lead designer and project manager of several spaces for Royal Caribbean International's Oasis-class flagships and Celebrity Cruises Solstice-class flagships.
- Featured Artist, Allure of the Seas.
Awards, recognitions and honors
- Worlds Ahead Graduate as designated by President Mark Rosenberg, Florida International University
- ASG Design Team Member on Salisbury University's Teacher Education and Technology Center
- Outstanding Design in Architecture in Education, honorable mention, College Planning and Management magazine, 2009
LEED AP, U.S. Green Building Council, IDEC, Grants Chair, IIDA, Director, Coastal Empire City Center
Publications and Presentations
Published design work
- Luxury Onboard: Oasis of the Seas, Royal Caribbean Cruise Ship, by RTKL," Starczynski, S. , Contract Magazine, online edition, 2011
- October 2014, South Regional Interior Design Educators Council Conference, presentation of the 2014 International Contemporary Furniture Fair Collaborative Class in PechaKucha style, celebrating the work of SCAD interior design, furniture design and fibers students
- February 2013, IDEC National Conference, panel discussion moderator, “Codifying Sustainable Design: Where do we Stand?”
- June 2011, Aging in Place: Living Well in the Community Conference: "Prescribing Smart Design: How understanding the influence of interior design to engender, support and sustain the well-being of elders will help healthcare practitioners promote Aging in Place"