Celeste Lovette Guichard
- B.A., University of New Mexico
- M.A., Columbia University
- M.Phil., Columbia University
- Ph.D., Columbia University
Dissertation, teaching commendations for every semester/quarter taught; peer reviewer for Arris, The Journal of the Southeast Chapter of the Society of Architectural Historians
Awards, recognitions and honors
2009 Georgia Humanities Council grant for city of Savannah "Weave a Dream" Grant; managing committee board member, Archaeological Institute of America; Georgia Humanities grant (in support of "Building in the Public Realm" conference); Giles Whiting Foundation Fellowship; Mellon Fellowship, Columbia University; President's Fellowship, Columbia University; Summer Travel Fellowship, Columbia University
College Art Association, Society of Architectural Historians, Archaeological Institute of America
Publications and Presentations
- Co-editor with Thomas Gensheimer, "World Heritage and National Registers: Stewardship in Perspective," Transaction Publishers, 2014.
- Editor and contributor, "Arts" in Journal of Virtual World Research, vol. 6, no. 2, 2013.
- Review of Tony Spawforth, "The Complete Greek Temples," Thames & Hudson, 2006; and Alexander Tzonis and Phoebe Giannisi, "Classical Greek Architecture: The Construction of the Modern." Editions Flammarion, CAA reviews, 2004.
- Contributor, "Eclectic Antiquity: The Classical Collection of the Snite Museum of Art," University of Notre Dame Press, 2010.
- "Architecture of Pleasure," Southeast Chapter of the Society of Architectural Historians Annual Conference, session chair, New Orleans, Louisiana, September 2016.
- "The Appeal of Virtual Spaces," Geekend 2012, Savannah, Georgia, November 2012.
- "Plague Doctors and Dungeon Strats: The Pedagogical Value of Video Games," Ohio Academy of History Spring Conference, Columbus, Ohio, March 2012.
- Symposium panelist, Pioneer Valley Romanists Forum, Joukowsky Institute of Archaeology, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, August 2011.
- "Hadrian / Panhellenios / and the Crafting of Monument as Memory," Midwest Art History Society Annual Conference, Omaha, Nebraska, April 2010.
- "The Sacrificial Word at Hadrianic Klaros," A Symposium in Honor of Natalie Boymel Kampen, Barnard College, New York City, New York, October 2009.
- "Armchair Cosmopolites and Worldly Travelers: The Dialogue Between Real and Vicarious Travel in the Greco-Roman World," College Art Association Annual Meeting, session chair, Los Angeles, California, February 2009.
- Sixth Savannah Symposium: World Heritage and National Registers in Perspective, conference organizer, Savannah, Georgia, February 2009.
- Fifth Savannah Symposium: Building in the Public Realm, conference organizer, Savannah, Georgia, February 2007.
- "The Ancient World," Southeast Chapter of the Society of Architectural Historians Annual Conference, session chair, Auburn, Alabama, September 2006.
- "The Development of the Savannah Waterfront" tour, Society of Architectural Historians Annual Meeting, Savannah, Georgia, April 2006.
- "Hellenistic Art and Architecture," University of North Carolina at Charlotte, February 2004.
- "The Resonance of Myth in Klarian Architecture and Ritual," Archaeological Institute of America Annual Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana, February 2003.