Associate chair, liberal arts; writing professor
- B.B.A., Adrian College
- M.A., DePaul University
- Ph.D., Auburn University
Books staff, Popmatters.com
Society of Technical Communication
Publications and Presentations
- "Storytelling, Narration, and the Who I Am Story" Writing Spaces: Readings on Writing, Volume 2. Eds. Charles Lowe and Pavel Zemliansky. Parlour Press, 2011.
- "Nalo Hopkinson and the Reinvention of Science Fiction." Beyond the Canebreaks: West Indian Women Writers in Canada. Ed. Emily Allen Williams. African World Press. 2008.
- "Storytelling in the Digital Age." Georgia Conference on Information Literacy. Savannah, GA October 2010
- "Blogging, Information Literacy, and the College Classroom." Georgia Conference on Information Literacy. Savannah, GA October 2008
- "Nalo Hopkinson and the Reinvention of Science Fiction." International Conference on Caribbean Literature. St. Lucia, November 2008
- "Ethics, Technology, and Plagiarism in the Twenty First Century" Georgia Conference on Information Literacy, Savannah, GA October 2007
- "The Home, Housework, and Technical Communication" Southeastern Women's Studies Association, Chattanooga, TN March 2007
- "The Environment, Science Fiction, and the End of the World." PCA/ACA Conference, Atlanta, GA April 2006
- "Time Travel and Construction of Identity in Octavia Butler's Kindred." Communities in Crisis Conference, Columbia, SC, April 2005
- "Walter Crane, Socialism, and the Development of Children's Literature in Victorian England" Nineteenth Century Studies Association Conference, Augusta, GA, March 2005.
- "Rereading Orientalism: Japan, Great Britain and the Visual Arts." National Association for Humanities Education Conference, Richmond, VA, February 2005.