Benjamin Reid Phillips
- B.F.A., communication arts - illustration, Virginia Commonwealth University, 1999
- M.F.A., sequential art, Savannah College of Art and Design, 2002
"The continuous flow of creative energy from the students. Seeing their growth, excitement and their amazing accomplishments as they move from making their dreams to their reality is a constant source of inspiration."Benjamin Reid Phillips | Foundation studies professor
Awards, recognition and honors
First Place, Best Editorial Feature, Georgia College Press Association for the "Dr. Dead" serial featured in District.
Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, Comic Con International, ConceptArt.Org
Assistant inker, Archie Comics; comic artist appearing in anthologies from Fantagraphic Books, Top Shelf Productions, Static Press, Midnight Horizon Comics and the Savannah College of Art and Design; breakdown and ink artist on projects for Kennedy Communications and Innfusion Studios; comic and motion comic asset artist for Innfusion Studios; comic artist for Devils Due Publishing/Fox TV
Publications and presentations
- Horrific Tale Anthology 2008, c. Midnight Horizon Comics. The story "One Bad Cat" appears as a part of this anthology.
- "Family Guy" Issues 1 and 2, c. Devil's Due Publishing / FOX Television. Artist on multiple stories.
- "Reasons I should Not Be On A Talkshow" Vol 2, c. Static Press. Inks.
- Senses, published by the Savannah College of Art and Design and distributed by Top Shelf Productions. The story "Breakfast" appears as a part of this anthology.
- "Archie and Friends", c. Archie Publications. Background inks.
- Betty, c. Archie Publications. Background inks.
- "KNIVES OUT!" posted at knivesoutcomicbook.blogspot.com, c. Benjamin Reid Phillips.
- Toonami EndGame no. 1-2 posted at Cartoon Network.com, c. Cartoon Network. Background inks.