- Diploma, musicology, Humboldt University Berlin, 1989
- Doctorate, musicology, Humboldt University Berlin, 1993
"I regard teaching as a very important part of my own development and responsibilities as an artist. Because most of my teaching has been in the context of sound art theory and practice, I consider myself and my students as engaged in a collaborative exploration of the medium of study, rather than viewing teaching merely as a transfer of knowledge and experience between student and teacher. My general teaching approach is to facilitate learning by encouraging students to develop self-directed learning techniques."Andre Ruschkowski | Sound design professor
International Computer Music Association, Electronic Music Foundation, Society for Electroacoustic Music in the United States, German Society for Electroacoustic Music
Professor of electronic and computer music, Music University Mozarteum Salzburg, Austria; visiting professor of music of the 20th century and new media, Cologne, Germany; lecturer of electronic and computer music, Technical University Berlin, Germany; program director of the art festival Aspekte Salzburg, Salzburg, Austria
Publications and presentations
- Elektronische Klänge und musikalische Entdeckungen (Electronic Sounds and Musical Discoverings), Reclam Stuttgart (Germany) 467 pp, 2nd revised and extended edition 2010 Soundscapes - Elektronische Klangerzeugung und Musik (Electronic sound generation and music), Lied der Zeit Musikverlag Berlin, 232 pp, 1990
- "Computer Music." in: Holger Schramm (Ed.): Handbook Music and Media (In German language) Research Project of the Institute for the Science of Journalism and Media Research of the University Zürich (Switzerland) UVK-Verlagsgesellschaft Konstanz, 2009, p. 277-296.
- 2008 "About the Relationship between visual structures and sound structures and some options for their transformation into each other" Guest Lecture, European Course for Musical Composition and Technologies (ECMCT) July 7, 2008, Technical University Berlin (Germany)
- 2006 "Hearing Pictures and Seeing Sounds." (Conference Paper Presentation at the Electronic Music Midwest Festival) Oct. 13, 2006, Lewis University Chicago
- 2006 "From Text to Texture to Structure: A Unique Approach to Media Composition." Guest Lecture, California Institute of the Arts (CalArts), May 17, 2006, Los Angeles/Valencia.
- 2006 "Research and Composition in Audio Art" Guest Lecture, Columbia College Chicago, Feb. 27, 2006, Chicago.